Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,564   Online: 781

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi FilmOnly,
    I have both blades. But, the only problems I have had at all is with the rewind crank. It slips out of shaft/alignment sometimes when rewinding (humidty/heat expansion, 24 exp vs. 36, dont' know). Major pain in the ass getting it back in, especially when you forgot how you fixed it the last time. It has happened twice on my titanium model, which is older plastic/medal and may be related to it. Don't sweat the blades, shoot and compose my friend.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Thirsty View Post
    http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography.../fm2/index.htm

Not much difference other than the slightly faster flash sync speed and the availability of the aluminum shutter. The FM2n doesn't actually even have an "n" in it's name on the body.
    Plus the focusing screen being brighter, as well as the hot shoe being of the newer type with the squared off metal spring piece. One interesting tidbit, however, the FM2 will synch @ 1/250, as mentioned on Leonard Foo's site linked above. It's just that the ready light will flash if used with a Nikon dedicated flash unit.

-J
    APUG: F5, F4s, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 35/2 O, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.8 AF, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Thirsty View Post
    The FM2n doesn't actually even have an "n" in it's name on the body.
    The "N" is not in the name but in the serial number. The serial number of an FM2n starts with an N. Exceptions are cameras where the top-cover has been replaced (had one).

best

Stefan

Shooter
    35mm
    They are my favorite cameras. I have used them both for many years with no problems.

Shooter
    35mm
    The only difference I've noticed between the two types of shutters is that the honeycomb version can catch a little more dust..harder to clean when necessary...which is very very rare.
    I started using them when the FM was discontinued...in ....a ..what year?...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting..I know this discussion is about the FM2,but my FM, # 3341721, has plain blades : no embossing,so presumably aluminum ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin