Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,433   Online: 781

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sure why not.... the 28/2.8 is beautiful
    I have it also attached most of the time to my camera, it has replaced the 55/2.8
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Markok765 View Post
    I would like the flash because my Metz is taped to a hotshoe to sync cable adapter, because the bottom broke off. I would also like to utilize the in camera flash metering, and I think the flash is more powerful than my current one.
    Hello,

Which Metz do you have?

Regarding the damaged foot - You can send it to Bogen in NY and they will be happy to repair it for you - at little or no cost. I find that the light from my Metz flashes if far better than the light from my Nikons (although I do not have the 600 and cannot comment on it).

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Jeff M

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Regarding the lens choice - I use a 28mm, f/2.8 almost exclusively on my Leica M5.

My favorite lens on my Minolta cameras has been a 28mm, f/3.5 when it was bright enough to use. My most recent purchase is a Rokkor 28mm, f/2.0 and I'm looking forward to enjoying the extra speed I'll get for indoor shots now.

The 28mm is a friendly ranged lens that allows you to get up close and personal with a subject and still have some background. With a narrower lens, like a 50mm, to get the same shot you'd just be photographing the subject's nose.

Jeff M

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Jeff View Post
    Hello,

Which Metz do you have?

Regarding the damaged foot - You can send it to Bogen in NY and they will be happy to repair it for you - at little or no cost. I find that the light from my Metz flashes if far better than the light from my Nikons (although I do not have the 600 and cannot comment on it).

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Jeff M

Metz 32CT3 I think it's pretty old. Do you think you could give me contact info and what I need to do for them to repair it?
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Winogrand shot most of his photos with a 28mm... A 28mm and 50mm are a classic combination, when I normally go out shooting "light" i take two bodies, one with a 28 and the other with a 50mm - only that I normally prefer rangefinders - the SLR's are used only if I need to do macro or tele work. BTW, I'd normally shoot 80% with the 50mm... I would say too : forget the flash, buy some Tri-X and Diafine, this will eliminate the need for flash in most instances.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My personal "normal" lens of choice is a 35/2.8. For one primary reason is that the bokeh of this focal length appears superior to that of the 50mm lenses. 28mm was always one of those neither fish nor fowl focal lengths as I find 24mm more useful as a wide-angle.

The zoom lens on my E-1 stops at 28mm equivelent, and I'm really not spending too much time there as I either bump it forward a touch (to about 35mm) or end up fighting the fact it isn't wide enough.

But the difference between 35mm and 28mm isn't that much, however, the 35mm seems to give me slightly more working distance so I'm not intruding on the comfort circle of my subject.

Ken
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    35mm
    I wouldn't buy the SB-600. It's expensive.

Falkland Islands: not any more now I'm in Lincolnshire UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Whatever lens you use will seem "normal" to you.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Maybe I'm just a cheepskate but I just bought a manual focus 50mm nikon for $25 on the bay. I use a holga flash ($15 new i think).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    28 is, for me, too wide for a normal and too long for a wide angle. I like a 24 for a wide and a 35 for normal.
    But so what? Everybody takes different pictures. Thank goodness!
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin