Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,589   Online: 742

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Some cameras can advance very precisely. For example the konica hexar AF. I recall that one could remove film half roll and switch rolls and then later come back to where you were.... without missing any frames. So the technology exists...
    Nikon F. You can even rewind a few frames, then wind again, the framing will be fine. To count frames exactly, the dot in the rod of the shutter button is the key: one revolution of the dot, exactly one frame. Backwards or forwards.

I used this all the time many years ago, when I was into multiple exposures: I could take a series of shots, then rewind those frames and shoot them again!
    No other slr can do that, as far as I know.
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by nsouto View Post
    No other slr can do that, as far as I know.
    Pentax LX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli View Post
    Mamiya Universal 6X9 the spacing did change
    The lever wind Mamiya 23/Universal backs have a pinch roller that meters out the film and stops the winding mechanism. TTBOMK, the knob wind back uses a cam in the winding mechanism that compensates for frame spacing. The cam approach is approximate. Without compensation the amount of film/turn of the take-up spool almost doubles from the beginning to the end of the roll.
    Last edited by Nicholas Lindan; 10-28-2008 at 10:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin