Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,995   Posts: 1,524,281   Online: 851

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    5stringdeath: Well, it depends on who you ask, some people swear by the Konica bodies, while others despise them for various reasons. Me, I like them just fine.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have used Konica on and off sine the mid-70's. The bodies are, indeed, the weak link. The older T-series (T, T2, T3) are nicely made, but have darkish viewfinders that makes it difficult to focus, especially with zoom lenses. The T4 has a bit brighter finder, but has a very loud mirror and shutter action. The FC-1 has a brighter viewfinder, but is still very loud and just doesn't fit my hands very well (YMMV). Haven't tried the FT-1. The lenses, especially the 50mm 1.4 and late 57mm 1.4, the 85mm 1.8 and the 135mm 3.2 are very nice. The metal focusing ring Hexanon 28mm 3.5 has a special quality when it comes to color reproduction. The 40mm 1.8 is very sharp, but a little sterile for my taste.

Shooter
    35mm
    Konica AR adapters with infinity focus are available for mini 4/3 mount cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BobD View Post
    Konica AR adapters with infinity focus are available for mini 4/3 mount cameras.
    You know I've seen these online .. in fact I've seen 4/3 adapters for just about every mount imaginable .... wondering if anyone has tested them at all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 5stringdeath View Post
    You know I've seen these online .. in fact I've seen 4/3 adapters for just about every mount imaginable .... wondering if anyone has tested them at all.
    I know *of* several people who have used 4/3 adapters (mostly with Leica R, but also with many other lens types) and swear by them (and have posted many, apparently very good, examples of results and so on)....

Apparently, if you can live with (or take advantage of) the 2x effective FL doubling, they work very well.
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    35mm

The Konica AR lens mount

I have been using and collecting Konica cameras for a long time. The first Konica in our family was my father's Auto S1.6 rangefinder. My first Konica SLR was an Autoreflex T2 in 1971. When my eyes were younger the not-so-bright viewfinders of the Konics SLRs didn't bother me. I grew to like macro photography and not having interchangeable focusing screens was a disadvantage. I worked around this by having a Nikon E screen from the FE permanently installed in a Konica FT-1 in 1984. I used the camera for 20 years before it needed some service. Last year it needed a lot more service and it has been awaiting repair since then. Luckily I also have an Autoreflex T2 with a Nikon E screen so I can still do macro work comfortably with a Konica body. If my count of 35mm and medium format cameras is correct I now have 27 SLR cameras with interchangeable focusing screens. In the last few months I added a 135/2.5 Hexanon (I had 2 already), a 28-85/2.8-3.8 Kiron, a 135/2.8 Formula 5 and a 28/2.5 Vivitar Fixed Mount (I had one or two already). Over the years Greg Weber has helped to keep my Konicas going. The only time I have used Konica or Konica mount lenses on other cameras is when I had one on a bellows and used adapters to attach the camera. I think I also used a Konica lens reversed with the Auto Ring and double cable but on a non-Konica body.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I inherited a TC and 40mm 1.8 from my father, then bought the 135mm 3.2 and 28mm 3.5 lenses. It is good, light kit for most kinds of shooting. The shutter sound is definitely distinctive, and the noise makes you think that there would be sharpness problems from mirror slap, but I have never observed any.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I find it deeply ironic in the way that the digital guys are trying to profit from the technology the" Digital Revolution" has all but destroyed by trying to use them on digital SLR s.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought a TC at a thrift store and was surprised at how sharp the 40mm lens was. I've since collected 33 bodies from A to TCX. I have all the lenses from 21mm to 300mm Hexanons. My total investment was like $800. I've had 3 FT-1 motor camera bodies fail, but all were repaired. The Konicas are a SERIOUSLY UNDERRATED SYSTEM in the USA due to poor market share. GOOD FOR ME. GOOD FOR YOU, THEY ARE A STEAL.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I got myself a complete Konica kit for a steal recently, including a Autoreflex TC and it came with a combination of lens ... 28 mm f/3.5; 50mm f/1.4 ; 50mm f/1.7, the 85mm 1.8 and 40mm f/1.8.
    All were in reasonable condition, some dust, minor cleaning marks.. (ie they need a service.)
    I tried them for the first time during the St Patrick Day festivities with expired superia 200 film on AE. I tried the 28, 50 (can't remember which one) and 85mm. I was totally bowled over by the quality and the richness of colours. These are wonderful lenses...

real sleepers like someone else said. Some pictures are stuck up on Flickr in a set.
    Simplicius

"defying gravity since 1898"

My Flickr Account

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin