Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,552   Online: 1175

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    dbuckle: I know what you mean about the ebait crapshoot and that set up looks great. I know you'll get some great shots to share.
    dynachrome and Craig, too much information...only fires my desire to possess. LOL.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Konicas

Quote Originally Posted by dynachrome View Post
    I have most of the Konica lenses from 15 to 400. My 400 is the later and smaller UC model. Konica made pre-set lenses which were sold until the time of the Autoreflex T2. Getting every version of every focal length is not easy. Some years ago I wrote an article on this for CameraShopper and used Konica's 28mm SLR lenses as my example. I thought I had every version and then Greg Weber found two I never knew about. The Konica SLRs I like the most are the T2, T3N, TC and FT-1. The ones I like less are the T3, T4, FS-1, FP-1, and TC-X. Some interesting and less common models are the original Auto Reflex, Autorex P, A1000, T3 100th Anniversary body, A3 and FC-1. My favorite Hexanons: 15/2.8 UC fisheye, 21/4, 24/2.8 (2nd version), 28/1.8 UC, 35/2, 50/1.4 (1st version), 85/1.8, 135/3.2, 200/3.5, 300/4.5. The 55/3.5 macro lens is nice but I use the 55/2.8 Vivitar more often. Along with the Hexanons I have many Konica mount lenses I like. Some of these cost a lot less in Konica mount than in Nikon or Pentax mounts because they don't fit any DSLR systems with full fuctionality.
    All but 1 of my FT-1s have mirror return issues right now (4) that need to go to Mr. Weber. I never really liked the T4 or TCs, but I started using them in poor weather and learned to like them. The TC-X is a good camera, I have 3 of them that I use regularly.

Shooter
    35mm

Vivitar 20mm

Well the Vivitar 20mm arrived and is like new condition also has the case at a very good price. I would perfer a Hexanon but I don't know if I would use it enough to justify the cost. This is the Kiron model so should be good. I'll see when the film comes back. I also got an Aubell 28mm new in the box. I have to learn to read those ebay ads closer. It was very cheap so we'll see. Anyone ever used one. I won't expect much so I won't be disapointed. Here is the Vivitar on my Konica Ft-1.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Konica.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm

hello

just wanted to say hello to you konicites. I have shot with one since early 70's and loved my T and T-3 which I still have. As some of you have said focus gets more difficult with older eyes. Have just bought a DSLR, Sony Alpha. Minolta lenses fit but not hexanons. Maybe someone, someday will figure out how to adapt but in meantime i am shooting film and digital.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuckle View Post
    Well the Vivitar 20mm arrived and is like new condition also has the case at a very good price. I would perfer a Hexanon but I don't know if I would use it enough to justify the cost. This is the Kiron model so should be good. I'll see when the film comes back. I also got an Aubell 28mm new in the box. I have to learn to read those ebay ads closer. It was very cheap so we'll see. Anyone ever used one. I won't expect much so I won't be disapointed. Here is the Vivitar on my Konica Ft-1.
    Much like the Minolta 21mm f/2.8 that I had. I loved the lens but I always felt like I was walking around with an automobile headlight coming out of my abdominal!

I was always impressed with the quality of the Konica lens. As posted before there was poor marketing and product position. That however allows you to grab up cameras and lenses at great prices now.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin