Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,767   Posts: 1,516,444   Online: 932

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

The Konica AR lens mount

Konica Hexanon lenses are, from what I've read, considered some of the finest pieces of glass ever made. One magazine called the 50mm 1.7 the sharpest lens ever made, by anyone, period.

So why are there no adapters to use Konica lenses on other SLRs? Is there something about the AR mount that made it impossible?
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Probably just rarity. They're not common enough for anyone to have bothered.

Images
    It's probably cheaper to buy a Konica camera that what the adapter would cost.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A Konica to some other lens mount would, probably, not allow focus to infinity. That being said, check out Arax foto in Ukraine. He sells adapters for just about anything. FWIW, there is an M42 to Konica adapter which allows focus to infinity; but one loses auto diaphram operation. BTW, you are correct about the old Konica lenses: real sleepers.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    Konica Hexanon lenses are, from what I've read, considered some of the finest pieces of glass ever made. One magazine called the 50mm 1.7 the sharpest lens ever made, by anyone, period.

So why are there no adapters to use Konica lenses on other SLRs? Is there something about the AR mount that made it impossible?
    The digital guys can't use em, that's why they are cheap to buy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post

I recall there was some magazine had said that about a single copy of a lens, but others had never found them to be so remarkable, although they are undoubtedly fine lenses and an absolute steal at current prices.

There are a few Konica resources on the web and most seem to be linked to the site below, which also explains about fitting the lenses to other cameras.
    http://www.buhla.de/Foto/Konica/eHexanonHaupt.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Soligor Lens .. I need an ID - Konica Mount?

Hi, I posted a thread on another post tonight..Elekm(subscriber member) put me on the trail to Konica,,, so i googled it and it brought this post which led me to the Konica pages.. i think i have a third party AR mount lens for the Konica Autoreflex T3. What do you think...
    sorry for the duplicate post ... but it is a beautiful lens in my eye.

thanks. the pcis of the lens are at this post:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum52/6...-any-good.html #post986003

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Take a long at Buhla's page on Hexanon lenses: http://www.buhla.de/Foto/Konica/eHexanonHaupt.html

He explains the problem in using Hexanon lenses on non-Konica SLRs. (In brief, the film to flange register is shorter than almost all other mounts.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have 2 Konica AR mount lenses, a 50/1.7 and a 40/1.8. The scans I get from the negatives I shot with these lenses on my Autoreflex TC shows that they are indeed very sharp. I love them, and Konica lenses are indeed real sleepers.

As someone said before me, you have to bear with the bodies in order to use all those excellent glass.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images

Re: The Konica AR lens mount

Quote Originally Posted by altair
    I have 2 Konica AR mount lenses, a 50/1.7 and a 40/1.8. The scans I get from the negatives I shot with these lenses on my Autoreflex TC shows that they are indeed very sharp. I love them, and Konica lenses are indeed real sleepers.

As someone said before me, you have to bear with the bodies in order to use all those excellent glass.
    Bear with as in the bodies aren't very good?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin