Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,684   Online: 1166

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Again View Post
    Hi, Anyone ever use Garry's Camera shop for repairs? It seems aspart of their general maint. of SRT cameras conversion to silver oxide battery is part of the checking of function of shutter etc...... which at the 53 bucks I can maybe save for IF The tests I just had show I have cancer? then I guess all my money goes to damn Docs!!Damn Genetics!! Happy holidays
    I had Garry CLA 2 bodies about 3 months ago. So far, so good. I'd use him again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Again View Post
    Hi,
    Has anyone used Garry's Camera shop for service? How was their work and turn around time and were there any surprises? I've had a member made me an offer to convert the SRT to silver Oxide's that's very good!! I just wonder about the rest of the camera's condition since it's age has been mentioned.
    Thanks,
    Garry's fixed my Minolta X-700 and gave it a CLA for $50, after another shop had said that the camera couldn't be economically repaired. So I'm a satisfied customer.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How about using an adjustable step-down regulator with with some kind of higher voltage battery like a CR123. That way the voltage is always 1.55 or whatever you want it to be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by domaz View Post
    How about using an adjustable step-down regulator with with some kind of higher voltage battery like a CR123. That way the voltage is always 1.55 or whatever you want it to be.
    The 123 won't fit in the camera, it was made to use a single button-cell battery. You could probably do it if you were willing to accept having a battery box hang under the camera, or have it in your pocket with a cord to the camera. Someone online designed one like that for Olympus OM cameras. It doesn't have a regulator because the OM 2s and OM 4 have built in voltage regulation and were designed to work with two 1.5 volt batteries. So, his design used two AA batteries..the purpose was to improve cold-weather performance because cold reduces the voltage a bit with the little silver-oxide buttons the OM cameras used, and AA batteries are more resistant to cold.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by domaz View Post
    Works like a charm. LP2951 adjusted for 1.35V running from a Lithium 1225 button cell (fits in a 625 battery compartment). Needs a proper on/off switch because of the quiescent current.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Having given advice earlier in this thread I now have to do this modification myself as I have just acquired a couple of SRT100 bodies. I will post some instructions and pictures later (assuming it all goes to plan!).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post
    Works like a charm. LP2951 adjusted for 1.35V running from a Lithium 1225 button cell (fits in a 625 battery compartment). Needs a proper on/off switch because of the quiescent current.
    You could probably use the existing power switch on the SRT cameras. Unfortunately that switch also incorporates a battery check position which may not be re-wireable to operate with a regulator.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    You could probably use the existing power switch on the SRT cameras. Unfortunately that switch also incorporates a battery check position which may not be re-wireable to operate with a regulator.

Steve.
    I did this modification (LP2951) for a lightmeter with CDS cell (Weimarlux CDS from GDR) which has a pushbutton to activate the metering.
    For my SR-Ts I found it more easy to recalibrate one to a silver cell (recalibration had to be done anyway); the other one is still on mercury and will be adapted to 1.55V when the battery goes down.

Alternatively I will simply place the diode in line between the battery compartment and the switch. Easy to reach after unscrewing the bottom plate.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post
    Alternatively I will simply place the diode in line between the battery compartment and the switch. Easy to reach after unscrewing the bottom plate.
    That's what I'm going to do. I have ordered some PX625A cells which are 1.5v cells in the same package as the old mercury cell.

Steve.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    That's what I'm going to do. I have ordered some PX625A cells which are 1.5v cells in the same package as the old mercury cell.

Steve.
    Make sure, that the Battery is not only 1.5V but also silver. Alkaline is not stable enough for this. AFAIK the PX625A is alkaline.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin