Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,549,221   Online: 1167

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post
    Make sure, that the Battery is not only 1.5V but also silver. Alkaline is not stable enough for this. AFAIK the PX625A is alkaline.
    That's a good point. Your lithium cell idea looks more promising now. Not necessarily with a regulator though. I may do some experiments with an LED in series instead of the schottky diode. A 1.7v drop with a 3v cell = 1.3v so it could work.

I know the regulator is the most accurate approach but I also like to think in terms of simplicity.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Lithiums are quite unstable as well.
    If you look for a stable primary cell afaik there is only siver oxide and mercury.
    (edit: and zinc air of course)
    Last edited by ath; 01-06-2009 at 10:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Again all,
    I have been informed that zinc air batteries that can be purchased at stores in towns have them cheap like .70$us? I guess that would be in the 675 size? What problems does that have with it and can it be solved with an O ring of rubber? I see there's a guy on the bay that sell the adaptors I wonder if there is plans for it on the web so one can do it oneself? Any other drawbacks to this method of battery I hope someone can answer these questions,please!!
    Terry
    I'm brain damaged,what's your excuse?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If one purchases one Wein cell, it is actually a 675 with a snug metal ring around it. When the battery expires, simply go to your local Walgreen's etc. and buy a package of 675 hearing aid batteries. Push the old battery out of the ring and install a new one. You're in business. I have been doing this for years.

Some cameras will not work with the rubber washer/grommet around the battery as contact is needed to the outside wall of the battery compartment.

If you want to prolong the life of the battery during times of non-use, simply put Scotch tape, or any tape for that matter, over the little holes that allow air inside the battery. This keeps the electrolyte from drying out prematurely. Zinc-air batteries have a shelf life of several years (4-5) as long as you keep those holes closed.

-Fred
    Last edited by Fred Aspen; 01-12-2009 at 06:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A #9 O-ring around a 675 zinc air battery works for me. Does, of course, require that electrical contact be at the top and bottom of the battery.

Shooter
    35mm
    I saw another post asking this same battery question and I wonder about making this and other mercury battery substitutes questions and answers in a sticky where it could be found easy?
    Terry

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi all, I wonder IF anyone knows of a source for Energizer 357/303H batteries not the 357/303 everyone has listed for sale? The 357/303H has a flatter discharge curve like the mercury battery has sort of has from what I can find out so far!! I hope someone knows?
    Thanks,
    Terry

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin