Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,767   Posts: 1,484,169   Online: 883

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Are there any mirror lenses with a very high quality? Sometimes I wish I had a compact 500mm lens that I can carry in my camera bag instead of carrying a steamer trunk... unfortunately most mirror lenses are neither sharp nor do they have a lot of contrast which adds to the basic disadvantages of such a design like 'no aperture, donut bokeh, no AF' etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What about a Nikon 400mm f/5.6 on an adapter? Not 500mm, not AF, but a good long lens for a nice price. I would not even bother with the adapter, personally, and just get another body. In that case, there is the Canon 400mm f/4.5 as well.

The Mamiya 500mm sounds like a good option, but will it have the resolution of a lens made for 4x5 format? I don't know.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use a Nikon 300mm f2.8 AI-ED with a Nikon TC-301 2X converter on my Olympus Digital bodies. The Nikon lenses are easily adapted to work manually on a Canon EOS mount. You can often find the Nikon manual 300mm f2.8 lenses for under $1000. I luckily found one with a busted auto-diaphragm (which isn't used anyways in these manual adaptations) for $320.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin