Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,699   Posts: 1,669,737   Online: 826

Thread: Ruined..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Ruined..

I ruined my Nikon EC-B screen I was trying to clean it, and water got in it. Good thing a replacement is $16 from KEH. I'll have to shoot with the Zorki for now. I feel terrible that I ruined my screen.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    are you sure it won't dry out?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    are you sure it won't dry out?
    I took the screen out of the metal piece to see if I could take it apart to dry it out. I think it is totally broken. Hopefully tonight I'll order 1 or 2 screens with a expensive UPS option that will get it to me fast.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marko, I don't know exactly what the screen is you are talking about, but for water removal, a vacuum chamber is unbelievable.

I have a vacuum chamber for one of my inking processes, I can stick cameras, electric drills and other stuff that has suffered from water ingress.

Basically the vacuum is created, the air pressure inside the chamber drops, then any water present just boils off and is sucked out.

This is basically how refrigerator mechanics remove water from refrigerant lines.

If you know anyone with a vacuum chamber, you may be able to pop it in and within 5-10 minutes all water present will have evaporated away.

Just a thought.

By the way having a vacuum chamber is a neat party trick with kids. You tell them that their microwave makes boiling hot water, they nod in agreement.

Then I tell them that my vacuum chamber makes boiling cold water, this is unbelievable to them.

I then get a glass of water, stick it in the chamber and start the vacuum pump. The pressure drops and within about 30 seconds they see the tap water starting to boil. I let it boil for a minute or so, then stop the pump, pull the lid of, then casually stick my finger into the just boiled water.

The kids all quietly scream, "NO!"

Never has any of them ventured to place a finger in, until one of their mothers has done so first, which is an interesting thing to witness as well.

Mick.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mick, it's the focusing screen.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin