Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,577   Posts: 1,545,719   Online: 800

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213
    sae
    Shooter
    35mm
    Like Dynachrome, I hope my X-700 is still going along with the Nikkormat EL and Pentax LX.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    unfortunately, it is very unlikely that any canonets will be working in 2038. too bad, I love my canonet but already it is becoming very difficult to find batteries for the meter
    David

A Holga is an ugly woman, a Brownie is a delicious treat.

dromanophoto.blogspot.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

This kind of a question came up in a local discussion here in Latte Land.

One fellow pointed out that he had the manufacturer's vertical grip or battery grip for his camera, and there was an accessory battery holder that goes inside the grip. This accessory battery holder holds AA penlight cell batteries. The likelihood of AA batteries being around in 2038 is pretty good.

There might be hope for those of us who have succumbed to the lure of the modern electronic marvels. However, as backup I still have my Minolta SR and Nikon F and F2 cameras.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    While we keep an interest in 35mm, it will stay alive. It's like traditions now. If we don't play a traditional dance, it will die.

I have an OM1 CLA'ed and it seems that it will work for years. I believe mechanical OM will work farther than the electronic versions. The only problem are some major parts and the shutter curtains, that will get pinholes of wearing. I believe the OM1 is a bit more reliable than the OM3, the OM3 seems to have a bit more electronics.
    I believe that the Trip 35 is able to last also. No bateries to worry about. I think the only problem can be the photocell, if it dies, camera is "kaput".

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Javins View Post
    Good morning;

This kind of a question came up in a local discussion here in Latte Land.

One fellow pointed out that he had the manufacturer's vertical grip or battery grip for his camera, and there was an accessory battery holder that goes inside the grip. This accessory battery holder holds AA penlight cell batteries. The likelihood of AA batteries being around in 2038 is pretty good.

There might be hope for those of us who have succumbed to the lure of the modern electronic marvels. However, as backup I still have my Minolta SR and Nikon F and F2 cameras.
    You got it. I just recently added AA vertical battery grips to all three of my Canon EOS-3 film bodies. Now I'm ready for the future

Now my only small concern is for how much longer B&W film well be available.
    Coming back home to my film roots. Canon EOS-3 SLR, Canon EOS 1V SLR, 580ex flash, and 5D DSLR shooter. Prime lens only shooter.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin