Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,563   Posts: 1,573,352   Online: 1036

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a 70 year old Super Ikonta here that can still make a pretty good frame or two. I suspect it'll be here for at least 30 more years.
    Early M series Leicas will get my vote as will my old Pentax Spotmatic.

But, you know, in the scheme of things 30 years isn't really all that long. Why not ask what will be here in say....130 years. I'll bet some Leicas and
    old Spotmatics will still be around. Will film?

Shooter
    35mm
    Film will be around if I can keep my freezer running that long.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't think anyone's mentioned the venerable Minolta SRTs. Meter aside, as long as you don't drop them on the pavement, they go forever. Yes, I have empirical evidence of the pavement factor. :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    2038... lessee, I'll be 88.
    My Leica M3DS will be 81.
    My Rollei TLR will be in its 60's.
    I'd bet on both of them instead of on myself.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with the Minolta SRT series working for another 30 years - at least! I'm pretty sure my SRT102 and SRT202 cameras will be - they've had recent (within 2 years) CLA's and are smooth as..., well they are mechanical cameras after all! They are very reliable - nothing to short-out or burn up.

I hope my Minolta XD-11s will still be working - i suspect they will. There isn't much to go wrong with them either except maybe the electronic shutter, but a CLA usually takes care of that and both my XD-11s have just had CLAs done on them (this past summer).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The cameras will likely last for a darned long time if maintained. The problem, IMO, is going to be finding repair people who know what in blazes they are doing. Even in 2008, it seems near impossible.

Oh yeah; and film.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 12-09-2008 at 05:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'll put my money on an Argus C3.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well my Leica IIIa is from 1939, so I suppose it'll survive to 2038 alright. MY Pentax Spotmatic seems to be running like a champ.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Alot of good responses to an interesting question. I routinely use cameras over 70 years old-my Leica IIIa's- and my Nikon F2 is 35+ years old now. They're all 100% mechanical so as long as there's parts and repairmen (and film) , I should be OK.
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    My Rollei TLR with the 35mm film adapter?

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin