Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,847   Online: 958

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: F4 or N90?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nowadays, with careful shopping, an N90s can generally be gotten for $50-60. I actually paid $31 for one, INCLUDING shipping, in very nice shape on the 'bay a couple of months ago. And the N90s doesn't have a plastic take-up sprocket that's prone to break like the F-100. IMHO, the ONLY significant advantages of the F100 are the ability to work with G-lenses, and the faster motor speeds. I think that the N90s is 85~90% of the camera of an F100 for 25% of the cost.

If you seriously shoot film, you will find the advantages of multiple bodies which can have different stuff in each - fast or slow, color or B&W, etc. For that reason, and given the silly low cost nowadays of these cameras, I would suggest that TWO N90s bodies, or one N90s and one N80 (which can use the G lenses), offers better functionality than just one F100 body.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Jenkin View Post
    Have to agree with the F100 lobby. I have one and it's a superb piece of kit. Solid, excellent meter and (although I haven't tried) it feels like the sort of camera you could use wearing mittens - i.e. everything laid ppit to perfection. F90 (N90) is probably an excellent camera but I wouldn't want to part with my F100.
    Over the past ten years, I went from a Nikon FM to an N90s, then last year I got an F4 and finally this year I moved to the F100. It's simply awesome. Elsewhere on this forum I have said that I've never really regretted selling any 35mm cameras, well, the F100 is the ONE 35mm camera I won't be selling. In fact I want another one!

Shooter
    35mm
    according to my handy n90s manual, you can change finder screens...
    I have 2 of them, and total amount spent is less than 100 dollars with shipping on both.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin