Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,060   Online: 868

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'd say another F3 or FM3a -- amazing little camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also like and use a lot the Nikon F and F2AS ( they are NOT beaten to death)
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My friend is offering me a nice black FM or an almost as nice black FA with a data back and a motor .. or.. a black F2A with a metering prism in good condition. I might need a back up and a bad weather camera for my current F100. My brain says FM but my balls say either FA or F2A. I've had both FM2n and a FE2 and liked them both very much. My lenses are mostly AI / AI-S.

Any advice?

Shooter
    35mm
    The F2 is a good camera and not too expensive if you're patient. I bought a cosmetically tatty but un-dented and fully working F2AS last summer for £60 on ebay. However the metered head makes the F2 far heavier than it need and I'd always take my Nikkormats from choice. A plain prism makes the F and F2 a better option but they're a rarity and command a high price. Still haven't got over selling my utterly mint early number F with an unmetered prism some years ago (what was I thinking?!?)

Taking price, build quality and practicality in use, the Nikkormats are an absolute steal. I have six and they cost between £20 and £50.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy View Post
    I just love my F3hp and was wondering which full manual Nikon to look into next.Suggestions?
    There are very few newer "full manual" Nikon bodies--I'm guessing you mean manual focus(?). Unless you're determined to make a retro fashion statement, an N90s or F100 works beautifully as a MF camera with the added advantage of being decades younger than a venerable F or F2. I have several oldies but prefer the newer AF bodies for their automation, accurate metering, aperture priority mode, and AF options. I love my late near-mint black F Photomic Ftn but appreciate that there's nothing inherently virtuous or superior about shooting an F/ F2--sorry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some of us are nostalgic
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin