Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,098   Online: 791

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Which manual Nikon to purchase next?

I just love my F3hp and was wondering which full manual Nikon to look into next.Suggestions?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whilst I also run F3HP bodies plus an FE2, I have often thought if a late model FM2 happened along, I would snap it up.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FM2 is a nice camera, and I particularly like the light meter, but I am even more fond of the F2…

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I sold my FM2n because I didn't like the meter system.Love my FE & FE2.
    Shall check into the F2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hummm.
    F2,F2A,F2AS,F2SB

How to choose?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Get more lenses first.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you love it so much, why don't you marry it?

Seriously speaking, if you are happy with the camera, I'd just get a duplicate camera. Makes things very easy. I love my pair of F-1s and my pair of FTb-QLs. Using either pair is always a bit easier than using one of each; nothing to remember to do differently when going from one to the other.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 12-11-2008 at 06:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Mike;

You did say "fully manual." I agree with Uhner; the Nikon F2.

The variations you will find are mainly in the metering on top of the body. You can change the metering, or just use a waist level, magnifier, or pentaprism finder with the body. It is the last hand assembled Nikon 35 mm camera. It does not require a battery (you did say "fully manual"). They can be repaired. I like mine, although I do use my Minoltas more often. Something about the Nikkor lenses focusing "backwards" for me.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy View Post
    Hummm.
    F2,F2A,F2AS,F2SB

How to choose?
    The Nikon F2 is a great choice.... I think I have 6..... some have bad shutters but I really like the camera.... what makes them all different is the meter you put on them..... I have mostly non-AI lenses so I really like my F2S.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mike, it depends on what you might be shooting and under what conditions. for myself, my F3 wasn't cutting it in the cold. I need knobs (shutter dial) so I could it with cold weather gloves on. I also needed something that was weather resistant. To my point, it depends on you usage. I found the f4s did meet my needs, and is a great manual camera. Batteries last fairly well in the cold as well. I really liked the F3 and HP version is even better. The film advance lever is silky smooth. - Sean
    Sean Depuydt - Escanaba Michigan

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin