Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,961   Online: 787

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    35mm
    I liked very much the F5, but I'm more a Nikon photographer than a Canon.
    The F5 has a terrific metering system and other great features, it is more robust that the Canon, I think. But I eventually gave up my F5 because of its weight. Like another member said, low light conditions penalise the mirror cameras. I use my Leica M6 at low speeds.

Shooter
    35mm
    i choose the F5.. ive held one.. and it feels like it belongs to my hands..
    Flickr
    Multiply
    My PhotoBlog
    My Twitter!

WTB: Konica Autoreflex T3 and AR lenses

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    We have 2 Nikon F5s. Part of the reasoning is that I can use my old lenses, but also because I have not been able to fool the metering system although I have tried. One other point, while heavy, it is like a Sherman Tank. I had a strap break dropping 1 body on the ice, (I live in Canada) and it did not even come out with a dent. If I may suggest if there is a way you can either borrow each body or rent them where you live, try them both out before you buy. Cheers, Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For me the F 5 was the best analog body Nikon ever made.
    But with my age I prefer more and more my 2 choice the F100 because the girl is not so heavy but can almost all what is needed.

Cheers Armin
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Shooter
    35mm
    If anyone cares, I bought a mint condition EOS-30 just a few days ago, and now I'll start building up a nice lineup of EF glass.
    The reason I went with this consumer body was simply that it was a fucking steal.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    This is a very long thread, but if the EOS1N is on your radar, the EOS3 is an excellent option as well. KEH was recently selling some in BGN condition for under $150. The EOS 1V is also an option, but much more expensive.

The EOS3 is compatible with all current Canon ETTL2 flashes like the 430EX, 580EX. The focus screens are interchangeable. It has 45 point AF with eye control. I haven't been able to get Its quite durable. AF is quite fast in low light and reasonably fast in the dark with AF assist from a speedlight. It can take Nikon lenses with an adapter and stop down metering. They'll be manual focus, but the camera's metering system will still work in Av or M. I wouldn't recommend slide film for adapted lenses on EOS due to minor metering errors, but it works very well with negative films. I use a number of M42 lenses on the EOS mount when I don't want to use my SP bodies.

The big drivers I've always heard on Canon versus Nikon is that Nikon has a much more user friendly integrated flash system, Canon has a better lens selection (generally speaking not referring to quality on a specific lens). But the gap keeps closing as time goes by.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin