Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,509   Posts: 1,543,564   Online: 1053

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Available 35mm non-perf still films

Hello,

I am interested in finding some non-perforated films for my new BBF camera, since it has a film gate that is 36x36.

I have found 160NC in 100 foot rolls from one shop, but it seems like one of those scams. East Coast Photo is the name of the joint.

Anyone know which others are available, and where to get them? I am particularly interested in black and white and transparency films, and they have to be still films, as I don't want to deal with getting short ends processed.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 12-12-2008 at 10:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Unfortunately, as far as I know, you can only get 160NC and 400NC for certain in 35mm unperf., with the possibility in the U.S. of Tri-X, in the U.K. of Plus-X, and also possibly the 400 Chromogenic Kodak film.

Kodak is, as far as I know, the only one still making it, unless you want to go for stuff like 35mm microfilm, which'd mostly be re-branded B&W.

You *might* be able to get Kodak to make 100,000 feet of E100G or GX or VS. Save that possibility, sorry, it is no dice. You might be able to talk them down to 10,000 feet, still an aweful lot.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    When do they perforate it? Certainly they could just skip it for part of a cut. It would make the image area on 35mm film much larger, especially with films like Ektar and Kodachrome which are only made in those formats.

Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    When do they perforate it? Certainly they could just skip it for part of a cut. It would make the image area on 35mm film much larger, especially with films like Ektar and Kodachrome which are only made in those formats.
    This is Kodak you're talking about. Even though it is less work, they will find a way to mandate at least 10,000 feet, and charge you money even though they are actually doing *less* work.

Don't believe me, call them up and try.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    2F/2F,

As long as you cannot get hold of those unperforated Kodak films they got in their price list (ask them for availibility), the second choice would be DIY-slitting of wider film, and the third choice, as indicated, ask any manufacturer to offer you nonperforated stock. (Perforating and signing is typically done in one single machine in one run.)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Maybe asking Ilford. When we went on the tour, we saw the films cut into 1000ft x 35mm pancakes before they were perforated and cut up. They may sell you one if you ask nicely

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think I've seen some for sale on B&H in 100 ft rolls. I think it was all Kodak Portra...

Shooter
    35mm
    I think there is some Agfa APX 100 NP offered in german ebay. I think you are searching for something like this http://cgi.ebay.de/2x-AGFA-AGFAPAN-A...1%7C240%3A1318

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very interesting. I don't find any Agfa NP 35mm film in my archive...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the replies.

I am having trouble getting a shipping quote to the U.S.A. from that German ebay page. With Agfa 100 and Portra 160NC, there is an OK selection to last me a while. Perhaps I will end up slitting down some 220 if I need any other films.

Anyone have any experience with the seller of that APX100?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin