Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,337   Posts: 1,537,589   Online: 1175

Shooter
    35mm

Lens interchange question

Hi All,
    I Saw an ad on the local Craigslist for a guy looking for lenses for his NEW Cannon Rebel camera and what he wanted! So I answered telling him I have screw mount lenses in the range he wants off a yashica! He at last answers saying he only knows he needs screw mount lens and Cannon EF and he doesn't care about any auto focus!! So Can anyone tell me would my old screw mount lenses fit on his new body and what wouldn't work on his camera's auto stuff?? So I can pass it on to him to decide? And IF mine won't work for him at all any place(s) I could send him to for EF lenses?
    Thanks for any replys,
    Terry
    I'm brain damaged,what's your excuse?

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Don't bother he is probably more trouble than it is worth.

It would would with aperture piority and the appropriate adapter BUT...

His focus screen has no focus aid (microprism etc.) so he might not be know how to manual focus properly, and then blame you for passing lousy gear.

or

His lack of concern probably means he hasn't thought about the technical aspect to maximise value of his purchase and probably have no patience in learning to use adapted gear. Don't put good gear in the hands of moron.......

Better just leave him to his automagical digital happiness and enjoy the Yashikor yourself.

Happy shooting

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks I guess I was hoping I could sell the one Yashica lens and the 135 Sontor lens as I'm using Minolta and like it now!! I Guess I'll put up my own ad on Craigs and see what happens? I want the bucks to buy lenses off craigs for a Minolta By Vivatar and Minota Macro tubes, to finish off my kit?:rolleyes:!!
    Any other thoughts out there?
    Terry

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hoping this message will not be deleted...............

You can fiscicaly fit an analogue lens to a D camera, however......
    Our lenses project the image onto our film at an angle, and thats not what a sensor likes, it wants to receive the image perpendicular
    to it.
    I fitted a verry good OM 1.8/50mm to a D camera, the result: terrible ! Loss of sharpness, loss of contrast.

Peter

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by archphoto View Post
    Hoping this message will not be deleted...............

Peter
    Hi I don't understand! Why would it be deleted?
    Thanks for the replies
    Terry

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Terry,

The D-word is a no-no on this site..... that's why.
    Greetings

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    One cannot just slap on lens on another body and expect focus to be correct. It has to be a transfer in which the adapter corrects for the proper back focus. For example, if you could find Ollie on to a Canon would not focus at infinity, no matter what. On the other hand, a 42mm screw thread with a Canon adapter will focus to infinity, but other facets are still lost--auto diaphram, some exposure controls, etc, etc.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    35mm
    Stupid me!! I was thinking when he said new camera it was new to him and not meaning a new camera all together! I know nothing about models of cameras beyond the MF 35mm ones and few of those at that!! I am sorry for bringing such a topic onto these pages!! I'm figuring this will be a no sale and I shall post my own ad and hope though Mark Hama Ltd. wants to know the cost of shipping of the body to them that the lenses came off of or they want a whole camera? Lens and all? Have to ask them I guess?
    Thanks for the replies,
    Terry

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    No worries, we are here to help each other.........

Shooter
    35mm
    Well I contacted Mark Hama Asking IF he would want to buy my camera for parts piece maybe? And At first it was no it's 38 years old no need for it then seeing as it has a battery cover and a lens he gave me a good price out of pity perhaps? I'm surprised and happy,and only have to sell the 135mm lens and I'm done for now dealing with people that that don't know what their doing when they buy things!!!
    Terry

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin