Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,668   Online: 811

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My wife and I have gotten surprisingly good film from Kodak, Fuji and generic disposable cameras. She prefers to buy and use them on vacation and mail them home for processing. It saves luggage space.

The generic camera(s) we used, were mostly filled with Agfa film in a re-used Kodak disposable camera, with a paste on generic paper label. The underwater camera I used was Fuji and the pictures were surprisingly good.

I like to save the batteries sometimes, as they are hardly used at all.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    I have used one time use cameras on vacation all of the time. I like the underwater ones, as I don't have a real underwatrer camera to goof around with. The photos are usually OK, and they are just the kids and I goofing off at the beach or pool. I like the fact that I can record a quick snapshot, and not worry about anyone dropping the camera in the ocean or pool.

To take this a step further, I bought a Nikon N-70 camera for $17.00. I was given a 70-300 lens from a friend, and I added a 28-105 zoom. I don't have a lot of money invested in this kit, yet it can produce wonderful images. Last summer my 5 year old daughter wanted to take a few photos while we were at the beach. I handed her the camera told her to stay out of the water, and have fun. She took about 10 photos before she dropped the camera in the sand, and came running back. But, since this is my vacation camera, I wasn't worried. I just brushed off the heavy sand, and told her to go play. I later cleaned up the camera properly, and the trip to the beach and sand has had no ill effects.

With 35mm film gear sooooooo cheap, why mess around with a one time use camera. You can buy a real camera with a zoom for next to nothing, and have a ton of fun, and produce better results.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Poohblah View Post
    Or...
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/60412-...ra?cat_id=1809
    I don't see why you would need a disposable when there are $13 reloadable point-and-shoots... only problem is, it only accepts 200 or 400 speed film.
    As it has a fixed shutter speed and aperture (eg, the "focus free" part), I highly doubt it's doing anything with DX coding (or metering, for that matter) - I think the 200-400 ISO part is just a suggestion for "best" results.

I have a similar "Made in China" focus-free model branded Bell & Howell that someone gave me. I'm currently running a roll through it. The only downside - my particular model has the flash always on with no way to disable it.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    35mm
    electrical tape?

Shooter
    35mm
    They give fair results after all. I used them for three years when I had no money to invest into a new SLR. It's just incredible how they give acceptable quality when you think about their very basic concept, to say the least.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin