Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,876   Posts: 1,520,252   Online: 1130

Thread: Nikon F90x back

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon F90x back

My Nikon F90X suffered from the "melting rubber" on the camera back so I've scrubbed gently all the sticky rubber layer away.
    Now the back is shiny and all clean but a question arises spontaneously: can the camera back now let some light pass in?

In other words, can the rubber layer act as some sort of light foam?

The camera back is plastic with some foam here and there and a light baffle design.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, you're fine. Lots of people have done exactly what you've done.

Newer backs aren't as prone to the problem, so it's not impossible to get a prettier back if you want. But the reason to get one is aesthetic, not functional (unless the stripped back is slippery, but this still isn't an issue when it comes to light ).
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin