Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,659   Online: 846

Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm absolutely loving my Elan 7e. It fits my hand perfectly, and allows the control I want.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Having only just got into 35mm SLR's [or D-SLR's for that matter] I have two 35mm cameras.
    One is an FM2n, which I love. It's so simple. It's mechanical. It's light & it's teaching me to learn the craft of photography [which is why I bought it] rather than learning to rely on a 'auto everything point & shoot' D-SLR.
    The F601 I should also love. It's got everything & more that someone at my stage of learning could ever want. But it's heavy. The shutter release is so light you only have to think about using it to check the focus & it takes the shot before you've even got your eye anywhere near the viewfinder. I've made a commitment to persevere with it. I'm sure that once I become proficient [or at least considerably more proficient than I am at the moment] I'll find it to be a great camera.
    In the meantime though; it's got to be the FM2n

Jack
    Last edited by Strokebloke; 02-19-2009 at 01:26 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling :)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Contax RTS II and Contax RX bodies. Coupled with the f2.8 28mm distagon, f1.4 50mm, f2.5 135mm, and f2.8 180mm. Great systems!! I did get rid of them though as the main cameras I use now are medium and large format. I do occasionally use the 35mm panoramic back on my Mamiya 6 MF :-). The only other 35mm camera I own is a Yashica T4 I picked up from the cabelas bargain cave..... for $30!! Apparently one of the game camera companies modified them for use in some of the older game cams. My T4 has a small plug fitting JBWelded onto the front, that's likely to an IR trip switch. Now most game cams are digital :-)
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    35mm
    Nikon F2 is what I enjoy shooting with the most. It's hard to describe why. I do love the precision all mechanical instrument rugged feel. My favorite lenses for this camera (all pre-AI) are a 24/2.8, 100/2.5 and 200/4. I'm not a big fan of the 35/2.8 (low contrast) or 300/4.5 (hard to focus). The 50/1.4 is ok, though I suspect what is today called bokeh was never a consideration when this lens was designed.

Unfortunately, all of my best glass today is EF mount, for which I use an Elan 7E and 30D. The Elan does an excellent job of making photos, though it's void of all the type of enjoyment that I get from the F2. I'd trade the Elan for a 1V in a heartbeat if they weren't so prized.

MFP
    Shooter
    35mm
    Eventually I will own one, but the LEICA MP with a 50mm f/1.4 is probably my favorite camera, like ever.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nikon FM/FM2. I have been using one for 20+ years, meanwhile I have also used a dozen other cameras, but when I want to really enjoy the experience of taking a picture, I find myself going back to it and to my set of fixed focal E-series lenses: 28, 35, 50, 100 and 135.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    C'mon, this is like asking Hef to pick his favorite playmate.
    I like OK, LOVE, Canons for their great glass and their dependability. I have several but if the shot really matters to me I'll take my T90 every time. Besides, I have too much money in FD lenses to change.
    I will admit I'd like to have a Leica but I'd settle for a Canon 7 if I found a nice one. I don't currently have a working rangefinder.

Larry

Falkland Islands: not any more now I'm in Lincolnshire UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    In The 60's I could not afford a Nikon F. Now they are so cheap that I have bought three and am looking for my fourth. But all my best pics are from a Fuji 6 x 9

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I lost a lovely Olympus kit in a divorce nearly 25 years ago. Got a great deal on a couple of Nikons and 4 lenses, but it wasn't the same. Tried Leica R3 and 4 lenses and still wasn't satisfied! Now I have an OM2n on the way. I feel better already!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    SRT 101 and Fuji GA645Pro. and my old minolta 8000i is just a freak of a camera with lightning fast af and dead accurate metering. love to use these 3 cameras.

wayne

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin