Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,448   Online: 820

Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Contax 137 MD Quartz with Planar 50/1.7. I have had the camera since 1984. It´s small and very nice. In fact almost identical in size to my Electro 35 GTN. I would like to get the Tessar 45 mm pancace lens though.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have owned a Minolta sr-T101, a Minolta XD-11, a Minolta XG-7, a few Minolta XG-M's, a couple of Zeiss Ikon Coninta III's, a Nikon N65, a Canonet QL17 and made matchbox pinhole cameras.

My favorite, hands down, was the sr-T101 (which I no longer have, donated to a budding photographer). That thing was a tank. I used mine sans battery for years. Only when I gave it to someone did I realize the the light metter did not work. I just didn't bother. The body housed the MC/MD barrage of lenses. And it was heavy. YOU KNOW YOU WERE PHOTOGRAPHING SOMETHING.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hard to have a favorite. In my case; different circumstances require a different camera. I use Nikon F, Nikon F2, Canon New F-1, Yashica Electro 35 GSN, Ricoh 500 GX, Olimpus OM-2n, Canon A-1. I use my Nikon F3HP a lot. I have a Nikon F4, but I use it less. I have the SRT 201 (101) and have used it a lot.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It would have to be K1000. I've had an ME Super that I used intermittently for over 20 years, but had to go ahead and put it up on the shelf. It needed one more repair; I got that done, and let it retire. K1000 is a pretty good, sturdy all mechanical camera.

I've recently picked up a couple of old Spotmatics for restoring; while I probably won't keep all of them, I think that design deserves a mention. 35+ years old and still going strong.

Overall, though, I favor my medium formats a little more than the 35mm; but 35mm has always been a strong contender. Given the decrease in 35mm camera production, I think we're going to see a rise in the favoring of all mechanical, or mechanical-capable, cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Especially a Super-Multi-Coated Super-Takumar. I have a 50mm 1:1.4 and a 135mm 1:3.5. Have a couple of Spotties and 2 K1000. I can assure of it's ruggedness and excelent optics.

Shooter
    35mm
    My favorite camera is my pair of Nikon F3HP's...Those are total "workhorses". I have MD-4 motordrives hooked to both of 'em, and although that makes for a rather heavy camera to pack around, it feels very good and solid in my hands.

My 2nd favorite is my (black body) Nikon FA, with MD-15 motordrive.
    Dann Fassnacht
    Aberdeen, WA USA

glockman99@hotmail.com
    -------------------------------------
    My film cameras are all Nikons: F3HP, F4s, N90s, N8008, N8008s.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So many! Asahi Pentax Spotmatic SP of late (35mm 3.5 and 135mm 3.5 takumar lenses - perfect set, great glass!), also Nikkormat FTn, Yashica Dental Eye III (amazing camera, get one used and shoot amazing ringflash macros!).

Olympus XA, Kiev 35A (lasted longer than my Minox). Lomo LC-A (I was buying these in the USSR in the early '90s for clandestine and long-exposure handheld shots long before the 'lomographic' marketing machine started pusing them in their cultish way; I went through about 8, all bought in xUSSR of course, since the shutters always break).

My first SLR was a Canon A-1, agreed it's built well and I still think it's among the more ergonomic and usable cameras I've had (my [second one] now sadly in storage on the other end of the continent for last 7 years... only a matter of time I suppose before I buy another one at a sale somewhere...

I have long dreamed of a Contax RTSII, though now I have an RTSI which has made me a little less enthusiastic -mainly because of the electronic shutter's poor cold weather performance (I live in Fairbanks!).

I have a F3, but I find it makes me miss my A-1 more. For some reason I seem to use my Nikon FG disproportionately... probably because my other Nikons always seem to be loaded with something else that what I need to shoot at the moment.

Eventually I'll go for a Leica, probably M4. Having a Contax G1 has convinced me that I like Zeiss lenses, small body, rangefinder, but NOT autofocus! The G1 shoots nicely, though, so long as it gets the focus right...
    Last edited by Robert Liebermann; 03-17-2009 at 02:44 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: a few more...

Robert J. Liebermann
    photos: http://rjl.us/photo
    Eureka Alaska/Vermillion Michigan USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm torn between:

and

www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltouch View Post

So, which is your favorite, and why?
    Nikon F w/pentaprism finder with E screen.
    Olympus OM2N
    Olympus OM3
    Leica 6 & 7
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My F100...But for a small 35mm the FE is a great!
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin