Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,993   Online: 668

Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My 2 Pentax ME Supers, one being a SE. Still going strong after all of these years !!

Shooter
    35mm
    I m fun of Nikon F3. The 100% frame coverage and the oppurtunity to take photos from the waist level are some of the reasons that i prefer F3.

Shooter
    35mm
    Leica M2. Nothing extraneous, just a plain and simple picture-taking machine.

(Close seconds would be Olympus OM1n, OM2n and Leica M6).

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd love to be able to say that my favorite 35mm camera is a metal and chrome bodied classic, but I have to be truthful and say that it is my Canon EOS Elan II. I've sold and re-bought one of these so many times...gone Nikon, back to Canon, nikon again, back to Canon, etc...

The Elan II feels the best in my hand, and I still think it's as pretty as I did when it first came out. My current body isn't quite perfect condition-wise, so I'll have to buy another so I can have a really clean one!

My 2nd favorite is my Minolta X-700. I was lucky enough to get a mint "Made in Japan" version via online auction a few years ago from someone who had no idea what she had, and I only paid $17.00 USD for it! I used an X-370 exclusively for 10 years before I got my first Elan II, so I'm used to the way the X-700 feels.

Lately I've purchased a couple of late 1990s Minolta si bodies at insanely cheap prices, and I have to admit they are fun to use. They are plasticky, but perform well and are underrated IMO.

My recently acquired (free!) Konica Autoreflex T is pretty great too, and those Hexanon AR lenses are nice!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I've run the course...

I really don't need/want a system camera in 35mm anymore, so gone are the old Nikons that were second nature in use and delivered phenominal results.

Gone, too, are the Leicas with their accessories.

For me, a 35mm camera should be slung over the shoulder with a single lens for portability and minimal fuss.

It's hard for me to comprehend, but my favorite now is the no longer manufactured Nikon L35AWAF Action Touch. A crisp 35mm/2.8 lens with AE, AF and motor advance. Heavily built, as well. I love canoeing and surf kayaking, so things can get too busy at times to fuss with the normal camera routine. Underwater focus is manual with this model, AF just doesn't work well down there. Even when things aren't too busy, it's nice to bring the camera to eye and push the button to capture anything from family moments to fleeting photo-ops.

I've gone through the trouble of amassing three of these cameras...no telling when a 20+ year old electronic camera will decide not to work, best to have a spare or parts at home.

If I need to carry a bag with lenses/meters/filters and other doo-dahs, I'll grab the medium format rig. Bigger is better! Small should be just that...small!

Jo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1020380.JPG  

Shooter
    35mm
    Current favorite is an early 60's Voigtlander Vito CLR. The rangefinder is a little dim, the meter is inaccurate, - but it's really well made and has a great Skopar lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't decide, I have nine including some I have two bodys of ,I like them all for different reasons ,or I wouldn't keep them. I like to think that over the years I've finished up with gear that makes sense as an outfit in that all my SLR bodys and lenses are Canon FD so they are all interchangeable with each other.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 03-29-2009 at 05:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For me it is not possible to answer this - every day different answer (I did ask myself this question many times).
    Every time when I am going on some trip - I look on my 35mm cameras (nikon F3, FG, F801s, leica minilux, yashica lynx 14, yashica ME, minolta himatic F) and think: which two to take this time?
    My favorite couple is F3 with 50mm and FG with 105mm when I am going somewhere (because I feel like armed with good weapons), for everyday use I like leica minilux with 40mm/2.4 (small and very very good).

But one day - just some M body with 50mm Summicron and minilux as spare camera

-Darko

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thus far, my Contax 139Q w/ Zeiss 50 f1.4 ... Every time I use it, I like it more.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    My Kodak Retina Ib. Sharp 2,8/50 Xenar, no distracting controls, no batteries...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin