Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,418   Online: 839

Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5910111213141516171819202125 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I can't decide between my Pentax LX or my OM 1. The LX is beautifully built and wonderful to use, while the OM 1 has the nicest shutter sound of any SLR I've tried, and far from being hard to get on with, the layout of the controls works really well (for me anyway) - and the viewfinder!!!!!! The Oly is just so much fun to shoot with (so much fun in fact that I've bought another one)

If I had to choose between one or the other I don't know which way I'd go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    I have used various slr systems, but anything Contax wins. What slr system has better aesthetics and better lenses?
    I agree totally, and find the ergonomics perfect too.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If the question is my favourite 35mm camera, it has to be my Xpan with 45mm lens.

If it's 35mm SLR then it has to be one of my F2's with a plain prism.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    M6.

What's to discuss?

Shooter
    35mm

Best camera ever... Leica M6, no?

I bring my M6 everywhere. And I really mean everywhere! Nobody notices... His best friend: Summicron 35mm asph.
    Also a favorite: Nikon F3 - solid, easy focusing (er... not ALWAYS easy with the M6 by the way). His best mate: Nikkor 50 f1,4 (1972) will never sell it, will be burried with this one to bring it to my afterlife shooting sprees! he...he

M6, F3 the best cameras? Nothing new but so true.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Konica Hexar AF

My Konica Hexar AF, a $500 compact with a sweet 35/2 that smokes my (formerly) $8k DSLR--and any other SLR, F or D that I've ever seen--on a bunch of points:

Active AF that works perfectly in low light that stumps or radically slows other focusing methods, manual or auto.

The only program mode I've ever found useful (essentially Av with a configurable safety shift).

An AF system that compensates for the focus shift that comes (via residual spherical aberration) with good bokeh.

Configurable GN-vs.-AF-distance flash metering that's 100% accurate.

AF easily reconfigured for IR film.

AF calibration steps publicly available for us usually-wide-open gotta-be-dead-on types.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    This changes every few months. This week, I'm digging an old Vivitar XC-3 as my single-lens reflex. For a rangefinder, I'm playing around with a Rollei XF 35.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Like elekm, no particular favourite, this week a EOS1n and a Voigtländer VSL1 (with terrific Carl Zeiss lenses).
    Sold my OM1 gear, still a bit sad about it...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Long as I'm not shooting action, probably my Nikon FE2.

It's got all the SLR flexibility in a much trimmer package than later, AF models. I can jam my FE2 and a couple prime lenses into a surprisingly small space.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hansutrecht View Post
    Like elekm, no particular favourite, this week a EOS1n and a Voigtländer VSL1 (with terrific Carl Zeiss lenses).
    Sold my OM1 gear, still a bit sad about it...
    Eekk! In both cases!

At least in Rolleiflex country, try to get hold of a working SL35-E (or Voigtländer VSL-3E = same thing). You still have the Zeiss lenses with a nicely usable body...
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin