Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,204   Online: 955

Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 81213141516171819202122232428 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Contax RTS I
    Contax RTS II
    Contax RTS III

For the sheer beauty of them, for their functionality, for the Carl Zeiss lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hallo

eos 1 v (powerfull)
    zorki 4 (slow ;-) )

analog greetings

thomas
    --------------------------------------------------
    vfdkv (259)

Shooter
    35mm
    If I had to keep one body...it would probably be this one....

But I not ready to give up my Nikon collection...nor any of my other cameras anytime soon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1577218...82230597/show/

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    HMM!

Nikon F4s best handleing camera made, just wish it was lighter

Other then that Olympus OM4, small quiet, good meter, great glass.
    What Java said, sums it up for me nicely.

Shooter
    35mm
    My Yashica FX-D Quartz SE & Yashica Electro 35 GSN

Its a tie, I carry both with me and use them both equally. I simply can't pick a favourite among the two.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nikon F3
    Olympus OM2n + Winder II
    Contax RTS I
    Canon/Nikon/Contax/Mamiya/Olympus/Minolta/Praktica/Pentax/Pentacon/Zeiss/Yashica/Zorki/Kiev/Ricoh ...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've had a lot of cameras over the years (there are 3 SLR cameras sitting on the desk next to my PC as I write). I don't go out the door without a camera, and during my lunch breaks I can often be found either at the nearby camera shop buying film, or at one of the nearby parks looking for things to photograph.

My first 35mm SLR was a Nikon FE, and after than I owned pretty much every F model that Nikon has made, from the F to the F5. Not so long ago I acquired a Canon A1 (the "dream" camera of my childhood, many of you can probably remember the A1 ad on the back cover of the old National Geographic magazines) and a few FD lenses. I then picked up at AE1, an FTb, and then an F1. All of these cameras work wonderfully, and I've gotten great pictures out of all of them.

Whenever I go out for the weekend, I grab my camera bag. As all of you know, pro-level SLR kits are heavy. A Canon F1, a few decent lenses and other gear, it gets to be a pain to carry. Since I don't have a car, I walk for many miles with each outing, and it isn't long before I get sore shoulders.

Not long ago I found an Olympus OM4Ti sitting at a thrift store. I knew nothing about Olympus cameras, having been both a Nikon and Canon fanboy (who would believe it?), I never considered Olympus gear to be on the same level. But I asked around about the OM4Ti, and found that no one had anything bad to say about it, and many people spoke of it in glowing, almost mythical terms. I took a closer look at it, and found it to be very compact, and very lightweight. It was a jewel of a camera, and I decided to buy it.

As I became use to the Olympus, I found it to be quite superior to the Nikon and Canon gear that I had been using. The meter in the camera is simply phenomenal, and easier to use than the sophisticated meter in my digital D300.

I quickly put together a collection of lenses for the Olympus (I love Japan for it's used camera shops and their huge collections of the common and obscure), and found the lenses to be superb quality as well.

There is no comparing the OM4ti to my Canon F1 or Nikon F3 (or F4). It is smaller and easier handling, meters better, and is sheer joy to use. I typically carry a camera body (sometimes 2) with 3 or 4 lenses. My Olympus kit weighs almost half of what my comparable Nikon or Canon kits weigh.

Before buying the Olympus, I was looking at getting a Leica M7 kit. I borrowed one from a shop owner I know, and played around with it for a week. Had I not bought the Olympus, I would have the Leica now. But I find the OM4Ti to be no less compact than the Leica, and a bit lighter in weight. I love the bright OM viewfinder, and the the variety of low-cost but high quality OM lenses. Most Leica glass is superior to the Olympus stuff, but I have a few Zuiko lenses which are astoundingly good (though not cheap).

Given the incremental increase in quality one gets with a Leica compared to the more-than-incremental difference in price, I'll stick with my Olympus for now. If the shop comes down some more on the M7, I may go with it, just for the sake of having it, but I honestly don't think it's capable of taking better pictures than my current kits.

Olympus OM4Ti kit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is a very difficult one, like asking which of your children is your favorite, I have thought long and hard and mine is probaby my Canon EF , ( The one they call "Black Beauty")http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EF_camera, since I got it I've used it more than any other camera I own.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 09-04-2009 at 04:45 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Definitely my Nikon F5 is my favourite. Big, imposing, fast and capable, solid and heavy, who could ask for more???

2nd would be my motley collection of Olympus Stylus compacts. Each of them has it's own strengths, they can be great fun, especially the Epic or the 28-80 with it's retarded fake pano mode

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My OM-4 would be my favorite, followed closely by my OM-1n

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin