Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,668   Online: 894

Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 131718192021222324252627282933 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    olympus SP, works great,lens quality is great, and the price is even better!! less than $50

Shooter
    35mm
    I agree that this is like choosing your favorite child, but of all my cameras, the Nikon F100 is my favorite. I can use it with MF lenses, the metering is awesome, and it's very reliable, it can bracket, do up to 9 hour exposures with an accessory cable release, and the controls are wonderfully ergonomic. Runners up are the Leica M3 and Nikkormat FT3, but they just aren't as fast or feature-rich.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The M3 has always been my favorite camera. It's beautiful to look at and hold, and has/does everything I want.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon F5. And lately I've been using a 75-150mm f3.5 series E manual focus in aperture priority with slide film. The results are very sharp.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nikon F100. With the Nikkor AF-D lens, the auto focus drive is amazingly additive!

Sample of what this F100 + Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D can do :

And sample of F100 + Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D can do :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I think the one I have enjoyed the most recently is my Canon EF ( no not the auto focus lenses )http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EF_camera,
    they are quite highly prized by Canon FD enthusiasts who call them the "Black Beauty", and although I have several FD bodys this is the smoothest of them all.
    I have one too. Great camera. Built like a tank. Shutter Priority

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumalite View Post
    I have one too. Great camera. Built like a tank. Shutter Priority
    I just had mine serviced for the first time recently, it cost about as much as the camera is worth, but I don't care, I enjoy using it so much, It's as smooth as silk now,
    Last edited by benjiboy; 09-28-2009 at 06:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    My Canon AE1 Program. It feels comfortable, like an extension of myself. Using it is like putting on an old pair of shoes. It just fits perfectly and does exactly what I want. It has the characteristic squeal associated with Canon A series cameras, but the action of the shutter is smooth. As a "point & shoot" camera I like my Pentax A3. It is about as "idiot proof" as one can get - impossible to take a bad photo with it, but not as flexible or as comfortable to use as te AE1p.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Trevor ,the dreaded sqeal is the mirror braking mechanism that needs some attention befor it ceases up (many people think mistakenly that It's the shutter that makes this noise ), my A1 had this problem ,until I had it serviced recently.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 09-28-2009 at 07:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the advice, Ben. I would hate to let the camera suffer any damge as a result of such a simple problem. I'll get it serviced.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin