Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,537   Posts: 1,646,126   Online: 758

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2933343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6976.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	424.6 KB 
ID:	55435

Name:	IMG_6979.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	387.9 KB 
ID:	55436

Name:	IMG_6981.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	373.7 KB 
ID:	55437

Well here are some pics of three of my favourite Canon FD manual type 35mm cameras. The top three 35mm manual SLR's from Canon back in the day.

All three here work perfectly as designed and made by Canon respectively back in the day. Just some age old wear and tear, love kisses by their previous owners.

A-1 debut 1977
    F-1n debut 1981
    T-90 debut 1986.

The A-1 has the Motor Drive attached to it.
    F-1n has the Ae Finder.

I'm a very happy camper

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My Yashica FX-3 with Zeiss glass, closely followed by the Contax 139-Q. Honorable mention to Yashica FR and Contax RTS.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My personal favorite is the nikon fe. I love it locks the shutter when the lever is in. I shoot it fully manual and love having the shutter speed and f/stop in the viewfinder. It’s built wonderfully and keeps on ticking. The placement of the functions are right where i want them.

Shooter
    35mm
    Canon T90n, A-1, IN; Minolta 7, XD-11, x-570; Pentax ME Super

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My F3 is the only 35mm I have right now, so it's my favorite. But it's wonderful and has exactly the features I use. ( I particularly appreciate the "exposure lock" button... I like choose then set the shutter speed without taking my eye away... also the 100% coverage of the finder is very very nice. ) I'm considering trying to find an FM2n to go with it...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Re: Your Favorite 35mm Camera?

Lately it's been a Nikon F50 with 50mm & 28mm af-d lenses and a Minolta XG 1 with 50mm f/2 Rokkor.
    Both have good size viewfinders and accurate metering. Neither are top of the range cameras (quite the opposite) but they both do what I need them to do which is mostly nothing tricky, just walkabout stuff.
    It's odd but I do have better specified cameras (F3, F100) yet rarely use them as they seem 'too good' to use on the sort of pics I mostly take. No I don't understand it either!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My favorite is my trusty, reliable Minolta SRT202 (it's been thoroughly CLA'ed). However, it's "Favorite 35mm Camera" status is about over. I've bought a Minolta XE-7 in EXC+ condition (aside from needing a CLA) and i believe it will usurp the "Favorite 35mm Camera" throne from my SRT202.

For a compact 35mm SLR, my favorite is my Minolta XD-11 (D variant). It's super smooth film advance/shutter is a joy to use.

Honestly, i've been shooting med. format when i'm doing any photography, but my newly acquired XE-7 is a great motivator to shoot some 35mm!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    I have many favorites. But amongst them the Exa is quite likeable for its compactness, quietness, simplicity, and graceful style.

exa by berangberang, on Flickr

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Lately, I've been enjoying using a Rolleiflex SL35 E (and the SL35). Actually, I've been enjoying the lenses more than the bodies.

Shooter
    35mm
    Pentax MX, ME, KX and K2

The ME is a bit simplified but it just feels right. I came upon a minty black one with all the original bits (lens, lens cap, case, strap, even the manual with the guarantee card and its matching serial number). Since then I've got hold of an original Winder ME to complete the set. It has new light seals and comes out every so often, usually when I don't think it's at risk of being lost or damaged as there don't seem to be many tidy MEs about now.

The MX and KX need little introduction, I have four MXs (one black, three silver) and a silver KX. See, I bought a scruffy but working MX, then saw a nicer one for a very good price, then saw the black one, then bought another to donate panels to spruce up the first one, then saw another with a working shutter but non-functional meter which took the remaining spares and works perfectly. So I have four working MXs!

The K2 is very under-rated, I'd put it very close behind the LX especially if you can find the K2 DMD (which included a few incremental upgrades). The shutter sounds gorgeous and it has a large viewfinder, just match the needles to get correct exposure in manual mode (or the black needle indicates shutter speed in auto). About the only flaw is the film speed selector, thankfully mine isn't too bad but it's ridiculously stiff on a lot of them.
    Matt

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin