Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,265   Online: 743

Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3034353637383940414243444546 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Re: Your Favorite 35mm Camera?

Lately it's been a Nikon F50 with 50mm & 28mm af-d lenses and a Minolta XG 1 with 50mm f/2 Rokkor.
    Both have good size viewfinders and accurate metering. Neither are top of the range cameras (quite the opposite) but they both do what I need them to do which is mostly nothing tricky, just walkabout stuff.
    It's odd but I do have better specified cameras (F3, F100) yet rarely use them as they seem 'too good' to use on the sort of pics I mostly take. No I don't understand it either!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My favorite is my trusty, reliable Minolta SRT202 (it's been thoroughly CLA'ed). However, it's "Favorite 35mm Camera" status is about over. I've bought a Minolta XE-7 in EXC+ condition (aside from needing a CLA) and i believe it will usurp the "Favorite 35mm Camera" throne from my SRT202.

For a compact 35mm SLR, my favorite is my Minolta XD-11 (D variant). It's super smooth film advance/shutter is a joy to use.

Honestly, i've been shooting med. format when i'm doing any photography, but my newly acquired XE-7 is a great motivator to shoot some 35mm!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    I have many favorites. But amongst them the Exa is quite likeable for its compactness, quietness, simplicity, and graceful style.

exa by berangberang, on Flickr

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Lately, I've been enjoying using a Rolleiflex SL35 E (and the SL35). Actually, I've been enjoying the lenses more than the bodies.

Shooter
    35mm
    Pentax MX, ME, KX and K2

The ME is a bit simplified but it just feels right. I came upon a minty black one with all the original bits (lens, lens cap, case, strap, even the manual with the guarantee card and its matching serial number). Since then I've got hold of an original Winder ME to complete the set. It has new light seals and comes out every so often, usually when I don't think it's at risk of being lost or damaged as there don't seem to be many tidy MEs about now.

The MX and KX need little introduction, I have four MXs (one black, three silver) and a silver KX. See, I bought a scruffy but working MX, then saw a nicer one for a very good price, then saw the black one, then bought another to donate panels to spruce up the first one, then saw another with a working shutter but non-functional meter which took the remaining spares and works perfectly. So I have four working MXs!

The K2 is very under-rated, I'd put it very close behind the LX especially if you can find the K2 DMD (which included a few incremental upgrades). The shutter sounds gorgeous and it has a large viewfinder, just match the needles to get correct exposure in manual mode (or the black needle indicates shutter speed in auto). About the only flaw is the film speed selector, thankfully mine isn't too bad but it's ridiculously stiff on a lot of them.
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Yashinoff View Post
    I have many favorites. But amongst them the Exa is quite likeable for its compactness, quietness, simplicity, and graceful style.r
    I recently bought an Exa 1a and while I have only shot one roll of film with it so far, I found it a delightful camera to use.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    One of my favorite combos is any Nikon FE/FM camera with a Voigtlander 40/2 lens. It is a go anywhere rig. But as of late my favorite rig is my Leica M3 with and equally old but high quality Super Angulon 21/3.4. magic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8124844826_25884887c3_c.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	59251

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7872210334_ba105f1c1b_c.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	206.2 KB 
ID:	59252
    Akiva S.

Nikkormat FTN, Nikon F, Nikon FE, Leica M3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero/

My Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yashinoff View Post
    I have many favorites. But amongst them the Exa is quite likeable for its compactness, quietness, simplicity, and graceful style.

exa by berangberang, on Flickr
    Awesome!! Who needs an EVF?
    Akiva S.

Nikkormat FTN, Nikon F, Nikon FE, Leica M3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero/

My Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    The original Asahi Pentax was the prototype of all SLRs that followed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    The original Asahi Pentax was the prototype of all SLRs that followed.

I adore the winding lever on those Pentaxes.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin