Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,652   Online: 738

Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 323637383940414243444546 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Like many others here, I, too, struggle to decide on a single 35mm camera as my favorite. Rather, I can reduce my favorites down to three: my F6 for its precision when shooting chromes; my F2AS as my "insurance policy" when shooting out in the middle of nowhere (no batteries? no problem!); and my M6 (with the 50 Summilux ASPH) when I am strolling around town with no particular destination in mind.

Shooter
    35mm
    Of all the cameras I own I have say I like the Konica T3 the best.

Konica T3 by dbuckle2695, on Flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My favorite 35mm would have to be my only camera: a Nikon F2 Photomic.

Shooter
    35mm

Avanar 23mm lens by berangberang, on Flickr

I've been using this one the most all year. I'm really drawn to simple cameras lately. Shutter speeds 1/30-1/500, who needs more? I think the reason I like this camera so much is because of the large, bright viewfinder.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Favorite camera

M3, but I'm scared to use it in public so I put the Summicron on a Bessa. I have a wonderful and Immaculate black Nikon F but I'm scared to use it so I use my beater F2

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Someonenameddavid View Post
    M3, but I'm scared to use it in public so I put the Summicron on a Bessa. I have a wonderful and Immaculate black Nikon F but I'm scared to use it so I use my beater F2
    What is scary about a Nikon F?

If you're afraid of scratching, dropping, whatever- just use an ever ready case. It looks dorky, but they really do work if you drop something!

Shooter
    35mm
    Hmmm...long thread.

Well, I don't have to think hard, in a 35mm SLR it is the OM-1, been that way for me for almost 40 years.

For a little viewfinder camera I've always had a soft spot for my Olympus Pen original, the fully manual one with a lens focusing to a little less than 2 feet.

I know, one is full frame and one is half frame but both are 35mm cameras. I also enjoy my Pen F reflex, my second favorite half frame.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Always changing my mind about this. I'm beginning to think my latest camera is my favorite. (New cameras this year include a pair of Elan 7NE, a pair of EOS 55, an Elan IIe, Yashica Mat 124G, six dead T90s [three since resurrected by beating them on the floor], and a pair of Fuji Discovery 3000.)

Taking a stab at it...

1. Canon Elan 7NE (new this year)
    2. Canon T90
    3. Canon EOS 55 (new this year)

Honorable mention...

Contax RX, AX
    Canon Elan IIe
    Last edited by flatulent1; 11-05-2012 at 09:43 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: 124G isn't exactly a 35mm camera, had to change no.3
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Yashinoff View Post
    What is scary about a Nikon F?

If you're afraid of scratching, dropping, whatever- just use an ever ready case. It looks dorky, but they really do work if you drop something!
    Also stops your fingers freezing to the camera, and helps get a better grip on it too. About the only reason for my not using them is if I want to use a motor winder. I do take the front part off and leave it in the car though, as it's seriously annoying dangling in front of your face and won't fit over anything longer than a 50mm lens anyway.

I have noticed a direct correlation between presence of an ERC and the condition of used cameras. My best ME and MX both came in ERCs which had taken all the scuffs and scratches, the cameras were perfect inside.
    Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    When new, the Yashica Electro 35, a camera that changed everything. Today, the Nikon F6.
    Canon EOS-1V | Canon 5D2 | 17-40/4L | 24-105/4L | 14/2.8L | 24/1.4L | 35/1.4L | 50/1.2L | 85/1.2L | 200-400/4L | 580EX

“For me, the camera is a sketch book, an instrument of intuition and spontaneity.”
    ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin