Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,585   Posts: 1,545,799   Online: 1119

Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3337383940414243444546 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    At the moment the WideLux F7 that I just bought.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I might have said this before - Olympus OM-4Ti , but it's worth sayin' again, and again and again. But, each to their own, what suits one don't suit all, but it's 'twas the only the OM system that moved me from MF to 35mm.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Your Favorite 35mm Camera?

I love my om4t too! Even more than my nikons, f3hp included!

For a classic range finder, I really like my canon vi-t, trigger wind, nice prism viewfinder that's adjustable to lens and with a fine magnified focusing option. Big shutter speed dial, and a beautiful folding film rewind lever. Really solid metal construction. Plus a side swinging film door!

For mf, my fuji gs690ii rocks, loved using it so much I plunked down for its wider brother the gsw690ii! Should be in my hands soon! It's huge and in your face, and a comical ice breaker almost everywhere you carry it.

Edit oops forgot its 35mm only, scratch the last bit!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Maybe I gotta loosin' up and look at an OM4t - I am an OM2 stick in the mud that has not looked at the 'newer' stuff 😉

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmccrac View Post
    Maybe I gotta loosin' up and look at an OM4t - I am an OM2 stick in the mud that has not looked at the 'newer' stuff 
    I have an OM4 I bought from an apug classified, and I love it to bits. I also love my OM2N but there is something marvellous about the OM4. I am sure a Ti would be even better. I love how you can take a spot reading and when you adjust the aperture the shutter speed automatically adjusts to suit. Magic!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Thanks Chris. I can - probably like a lot of folks here, haha - set rules for myself about what is or is not an acceptable tool ;-) I try to challenge them but sometimes it is hard. All the stuff I love about the OM and Mainani's design theory steers me to loving what I would define as the elegance and simplicity of the OM line. (Something I am sure the non-fans would define as 'limited and simplistic' haha.) at any rate that had made me think that the OM-4 was becoming 'bloated' with features in a 'me too' race with the big boys. I will free my mind and have a look at them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I like Yashica FX-2. Why? a) all-mechanical (no electronics but the meter, that doesn´t work anyway); b) no split-screen to blacken-out when you close down a few stops or preview depth-of-field (I use microprism instead; once you get used it´s much better than split-screen); c) depth-of-field preview button; d) accepts Contax lenses (this doesn´t make my photos better. I just like to say "I use Contax lenses" because it makes me feel like I know something about photography - which I don´t).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    At the moment the WideLux F7 that I just bought.
    It is all mechanical.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nikon F3 and F100.
    The former, because it is the ultimate expression of the knob-interface SLR, and the latter because it is so, so simple. Just 5 AF points—center and the four cardinals. Big viewfinder. Fast AF. Nothing else to worry about.
    The camera is the most incidental element of photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmccrac View Post
    Thanks Chris. I can - probably like a lot of folks here, haha - set rules for myself about what is or is not an acceptable tool ;-) I try to challenge them but sometimes it is hard. All the stuff I love about the OM and Mainani's design theory steers me to loving what I would define as the elegance and simplicity of the OM line. (Something I am sure the non-fans would define as 'limited and simplistic' haha.) at any rate that had made me think that the OM-4 was becoming 'bloated' with features in a 'me too' race with the big boys. I will free my mind and have a look at them.
    Once you get used to it, the OM4's meter is just wonderful. I don't consider it "bloated with features" because, except for the metering system, it's pretty straightforward. The OM3 has the same meter, but no automation and a mechanical shutter.

Be sure you get a later 4 or a 4t, early ones ate batteries like M&Ms and were responible in large part for my switch to all-mechanical Nikons.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin