Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,568   Posts: 1,545,441   Online: 1120

Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 353940414243444546 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nikon F/F6. Either fully mechanical hewn chunk of brass that can stop a bullet, or fine tuned, refined, tank of an SLR.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    Nikon F/F6. Either fully mechanical hewn chunk of brass that can stop a bullet, or fine tuned, refined, tank of an SLR.
    Of course the mirror box - film back is highly vulnerable, but I am not sure up to what caliber & distance can be stopped by any of these bodies. Maybe the folks at Mythbusters can test this . . .

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nikon F100. Absolutely reliable, great to hold and a dial for everything. It is just a fabulous tool.

Christian

Shooter
    35mm
    My father's(now mine) Nikon FE2.

Shooter
    Large Format
    My favorite 35mm camera will always be the Contax 139. I have so many cherished memories and photographs to prove it using that camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    Brass? Nowhere near. Aluminium alloy. I doubt either would stop a .22 short.

Shooter
    35mm
    I kinda like my Olympus OM-2n more than my Canon 1n - on the other hand, I do seem to take most of my film pictures worth printing with a Olympus Mju-2...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pentax K1000, It's a Spotmatic with a K-mount, But I usually have a Canon EOS body along with my "modern" kit.

I have two M42 Argus/Cosina STL's in one kit, decent little cameras, especially when you can get them for $5-$10.

I still want a black Nikon FM or FM2, even though I have no Nikon gear or glass. Just a beater FM and a 50mm.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My favorite 35mm camera is my Konica Autoreflex T3. I bought it on the cheap from eBay a couple of years ago, and it works with all the lenses I bought in the 80s and 90s for my Konica TC-X. I've just sent it off to the famous Greg Weber for a battery conversion. He looked it over and recommended some other maintenance that's going to cost more than I'd originally planned. But I enjoy that old tank of a camera immensely, so it's worth the added cost to get it thoroughly updated and serviced. Can't wait to get it back and start shooting again!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rollei 35

I have a few of these. One of them is always loaded and ready to go with HIE. A tiny little camera with a great lens and a plasure to use.

I might have replied to this thread in the past... a search does not turn up the appropriate post, so perhaps I did not.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin