Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,753   Posts: 1,483,906   Online: 1160

Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    shot a lot of different 35s through the years, I would have to say thou tht my favorite is the latest...LEICA M6 with 50mm F1.4 lens. It just feels so good and works so well plus the optics are dazzling.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Leica M2-R. It has a simple uncluttered viewfinder and after running I don't know how many (1000's) rolls of film through it, it is buttery smooth, and has the best shutter release of any camera I have ever used.

Richard Wasserman

Shooter
    Large Format
    Nikon FM3-A I like it so much I have 3 of them. One always has chromes loaded, one always has Tri-X and a 85 f1.8 attached and one has Tri-X and what ever other lens I used last attached. I love the Nikon glass assortment :-)
    John Bowen

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another M6, just feels good and the 3 lenses i have are stellar. My F2, F3 and F5 are equally fine cameras but my new darling is the Horizon Perfect, that is a lot of fun.

Shooter
    35mm

Do I have to choose?

It's hard to choose a favorite camera...too many good ones. But, if I was FORCED to pick two they would be Contax G2 and Nikon F5. Contax's handling is second to none, superb optics and (relatively) good value make it a winner. F5 is a machine that requires manhandling, but plethora of lenses on used market make it one heck of a system camera, and it's confidence-inspiring factor is second to none. You feel obligated to take a good picture when you have F5 in your hands. And it's faster than I'll ever be, seriously. If F5 had auto-rewind at the end of the roll (when you are done with a roll of film what else is there to do but rewind it?) and leave-the-leader-out features it'd be perfect. Contax G2 does both of those things, but it's auto focus is not as precise (or fast) as F5, nor does it have advanced features of F5. I AM TORN!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    There are too many to be favorites, but a new one has recently entered my domain and is getting more use than I expected: The Rollei 35 S. The Nikon F, Contax IIa, Pentax Spotmatic, and Leica M2 follow close behind.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like tons of them! However, if I had to be stuck with one, it would be a Canon F-1 version two. Not the '80s one, but the second version of the '70s one. The advance stroke is shorter than the first model and the lever hooks my thumb better because it comes out more when in the "ready" position. Also, the meter can be set up to EI 3200, as opposed to EI 2000 on the first version. They are solid, versatile, and simple, yet full featured. My only gripe is that they do not incorporate the QL system, which really is about as quick as can be!
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 01-25-2009 at 12:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I can't answer you're question, It's like being asked which of you're children you love the most, I like them all for different reasons.
    This is definitely my favorite answer so far. As is the case with guitars and motorcycles, it's just tough deciding on a favorite. Which leads of course to GAS (both photo gear, and guitars) and MAS.

Best,

Michael

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Leica M5, 3 Lug w/ 28mm finder

Others competing for a close 2nd might include:

Nikon F4e (my favorite SLR - too bad it won't take Rokkor lenses)
    Minolta CLE
    Minolta XK / XK Motor
    Leica M3
    Minolta Super A
    Jeff M

M3, M5, CLE, Minolta XE7, Minolta Maxxum 9, Minolta Maxxum 9000, Nikon F3HP, etc., etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Leica M3, good solid and reliable, but my next choice would be a Spotmatic F or an MX.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin