Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,977   Posts: 1,523,681   Online: 1155

Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have more 35mm cameras than I need, but when I get serious, I use a Nikon FE, Nikkormat FT3 or a Leica M4-P. Absolutely dependable and great lenses.

Shooter
    35mm
    I love my Voigtlander Prominent. It's quirky, heavy and looks like a piece of photographic jewelry. My Nikkormats come in a close second.
    -- Hilton --
    www.thelightstuff.blogspot.com
    Tips and tutorials and mainly photographic musings!

Shooter
    35mm
    Probably my tiny Konica C35...it's small, quick, and reliable, accurate and the lens is most excellent.

I just acquired a Nikon FM2/T and that is beautiful, but not an everyday camera to be sure.
    Last edited by Todd Frederick; 01-27-2009 at 07:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Four months ago it would have been my Minolta 600si.

Now it is, without question, my Minolta 7.

I will never buy another film camera (unless I have to replace the 7 with another 7)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    F4S was my favorite and still is but I no longer have one. FM2N is a super little camera, no longer have one. Nikkormat EL is actually pretty neat camera, have one and it does a great job. Nikon EM is surprisingly fun to use. Light weight, some restrictions but with workarounds by adjusting iso etc.

F3HP is another great to use workhorse. Mine is broken but not for long.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post

I will never buy another film camera (unless I have to replace the 7 with another 7)

You took the words out of my mouth. I still like the size and shape of the grip of the 600si a bit better than the 7 though.

Unlike you, I *would* buy another camera - not to replace the 7, but just because I can't help myself when I see a bargain - and besides, film cameras need to feel loved...
    *Minolta Maxxum 7 *Minolta Dynax 600si Classic *Minolta Dynax 5 *Minolta X-300
    *Minolta 28-105 RS, Minolta 50/1.7 (AF & MD), Minolta 50/2.8 Macro, Tamron 70-300
    *A passion to capture God's awesome creation

Shooter
    35mm
    At some point or another I have owned Most MF and AF nikon SLR cameras. I have finally pared down to just two that I will never get rid of! I have an FM3a and an F2AS (both in black finish). I love them both dearly but use each for different things so they're both my favorite. I use each equally as much averaging 4-6 rolls per week between the two.

Shooter
    35mm
    Pentax SpotMatic F, with a 50mm Takumar 1.4 lens.
    This camera is one of the reasons I went back to film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Interesting post! I can't say I have a favorite anymore. For many years I thought the the F3HP was the greatest camera in the world, but I have recently changed my mind. I find it a bit heavy (with the MD-4 motordrive attached).

I own a bunch of 35mm cameras (Nikon S2 rangefinder, F with standard prism, F with FTN Photomic Metered Prism, F2A with MD-2 Motor Drive, several F3 HP's, FM2N chrome, FM2N black, F100, N80; other brands include Minotla Maxxum and Pentax manual focus, also several Mamiya medium format cameras both 645 and RB-67).

While I absolutely love my old manual focus Nikons, I have recently found myself liking the lighter weight of my old N80! Even with the battery pack it weighs less than most of my other Nikon bodies and I find it to be very responsive. Yes, my F100 can focus better and is built like a tank, but my N80 is much easier to carry. So, as of this week my choice is the N80. I'm sure if you ask me next week I will have a completely different answer...!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post

Hmmm ... I own a 650si (600si with databack) and I fancy a 7. Temptation is always just around the corner, ain't it ...
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin