Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,270   Posts: 1,660,705   Online: 1088

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I lost the hot shoe for mine

I have 2x OM-10's an OM-40 an OM2 ans an OM2n and the OM2n is my fave.
    Last edited by ajuk; 01-22-2009 at 07:17 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    You might look at a Konica FT-1 and Konica's 40mm pancake lens. A bit heavy, due to the built-in motor drive and AAA batteries, but small enough to fit in a coat pocket.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are speaking to the converted with two OM-1s and an OM2n,
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like what? I only have one Pentax lens and I'm not much of a lens hoarder.
    ME, ME-Super comes to mind. They are very compact and much fun to use. They have both auto and full manual modes.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    Like what? I only have one Pentax lens and I'm not much of a lens hoarder.
    LX or MX body,
    LX has electronically controlled shutter, auto or manual control & is battery dependent like your present camera.
    MX is totally manual & the battery is only for the meter. If the battery dies, the camera will still operate just with no light meter.

The nice thing about the LX & MX is they are about the same size as the ME Super.

When I was using the OM-1 it was too small for me and I didn't care for the shutter speed ring around the base of the lens. The OM-1/2 are the same size cameras. The OM-2 is heavier by 5grams(that's a nickel)
    Expletive Deleted!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltouch View Post
    I have owned both the OM2 and OM2n. Of the two I prefer the original model because of its awesome low-light metering capabilities. Read more about this here:

http://www.zuiko.com/index_031.htm

If you don't need more than 3.5 minutes of low-light metering, then the 2n would probably be the better choice, mostly because it's newer.

Best,

Michael
    Slight clarification here. The 2N WILL do 3.5 minute exposures (at any asa). It's the plain OM-2 at asa 12 that will do time exposures up to 19 MINUTES. The higher the asa setting, the shorter the low light exposure (plain OM-2) John, www.zuiko.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I have the OM1 MD, non N. Great camera, hard that it will fail you.

The 2n has to be a nice one, what I just don't like are the hot shoes. I keep mine attached, and seems that after an hour "running" around, the screw gets seriously loose. Mine is a non-cracked sample and I just hope that It'll resist the T32 that is on the mail.
    I don't know if it's because they were more fragile or used more with flash, because the shoe 4 seems to be found always with cracks.

I like the look of the OMs with the hot shoe, without they look weird, In My Opinion. I just keep the shoe on because it just improves the aesthetics. I like the plain 1 contact, it looks sexy
    Someday I will go and buy a pair of nice OM1 bodies and send those to John, budget is tight though to not do it now. I hope that John will still be servicing OMs in 10 years (If not, I hope that another repairer taught by him will do), because I still have those years until the end of my student career, where budget is seriously tight.

Shooter
    35mm
    I owned the OM 1n and the OM 3 the OM 4 and the OM4T. When the OM 1 first came out it was truly revolutionary for a 35-mm SLR. At least 30% smaller lighter, quieter, a brighter larger viewfinder to boot. Bayonet mounts were not common either. It's intelligent design of having a shutter speed ring just under the lens barrel meant that you could use aperture ring, focus and set shutter speed all with the left hand cradling the lens.

If memory serves me correctly then the OM2 had full frame averaging and OTF. All but the OM 1 were battery hogs, always carry spares, you WILL need them.

My favourite was the OM 4T. With manual control, auto (actually aperture priority) OTF metering, multi point spot metering which could be averaged. It replaced my OM 4 because the OM 4T with it's titanium body was much more durable. But not durable enough, none of the OM's ever stood up well to daily real world use. Admittedly I am demanding on my camera's and do not baby them.

I regretted trading them in for a Nikon F4 but the F4 is still up for the daily grind. I use Nikon lenses and cameras in Blast Trials (explosive trials) and they are routinely hit hard by shock waves, so far no shrapnel (fingers crossed) Currently we use D3's but I love the F4 for it's durability (weighs a ton) but the OM's will always have a soft spot in my heart, I just wish that they were tougher. I do miss the little cameras that made a big difference in 35mm camera design.
    Last edited by Miskuss; 01-23-2009 at 02:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Miskuss View Post
    All but the OM 1 were battery hogs, always carry spares, you WILL need them.
    Not the OM2 or OM2n.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is hard to get enough of a good thing. Just picked up a small black OM 1 kit today. The body will be going to zuiko.com for a CLA. The lenses however will not need the CLA. Lenses, you say. Not a bad little kit. Include the 200mm f4, 85mm f2 and the 28mm f2. Lens hoods for each, a 49mm & 55mm Olympus UV filter. T32 flash. Nice kits are still available. Bill Barber

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin