Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,932   Posts: 1,585,463   Online: 1007

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Minolta Hi-Matic G

Hello All,
    I received this camera today and I am wondering if anyone can tell me what the markings on the lens are. The camera is a Zone Focus camera.
    The icons are
    1 person upclose
    1 person further away
    3 people together
    Mountain which I assume is infinity
    Thanks for your help
    Arthur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Bust, full portrait, group, landscape

Great camera. Have fun with it.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks. Do you know the distances for each of the characters?
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Arthur;

Roughly, 3 feet, 6 feet, 12 feet, and infinity. As Chris said, it is a nice simple camera. Usual samples of that lens are pretty good. Just check to see that all of the screws are tight.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks and i will tighten everything down.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I was wondering if either of you have used the camera with a modern and not mercury battery? If yes did you notice any problems with exposure? Over or under?

Arthur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Arthur;

Yes, the exposure will be off; I think about one stop over exposed with a recent 1.5 vdc silver-oxide battery. There are a couple of ways to get around this. (1.) Cut your film speed rating in half when you set it on the camera meter. You will be fairly close with that. (2.) You can also use a Wien Cell, the air type used with hearing aids. These will be very close to the original 1.35 VDC rating of the old PX-625 mercury battery, but they do not last very long once you pull the tape off the cell. (3a.) You can have a camera repair technician put a Schottky Barrier Diode in series with one of the wires going to the battery holder and use the silver-oxide battery. (3b.) You can buy one of the Silver Cell Adapters (CRIS Camera type MR-9 or other) that has a Schottky Barrier Diode in it, and use it with a silver-oxide battery. With options 2 and 3, you use the standard ASA speed rating for your film, and the meter should be fairly close. Your camera techniian can check the light meter calibration and make any needed slight adjustments to your modified battery circuit or battery adapted camera.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I always just shot it myself. I think you're overthinking the HiMatic, Arthur. Just go blast a roll of film, see how you like it and make mental notes for adjustment next time. Have fun.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin