Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,240   Posts: 1,660,124   Online: 862

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    If she likes the EM but decides she wants to have a proper shutter speed dial at some point, take a look at a Nikon FG. It's basically the same camera plus a program setting, but it also has a shutter speed dial that goes from 1 second to 1/1000th for full manual control. It also has TTL flash which is missing on the EM. It might be a tad heavier but it's not heavy by any means (compared to an FM for example). It also happens to take the same motor drive as the EM.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for all the advice all! She has been taking pics around her house practicing. Takeing pics of the roomates dog and all kinds of things. I'm glad she got the camera long before her trip. I gave her my c41 process B&W film and a roll of color to practice with. She is learning and being someone who remembers stuff she was telling me what her aperature was set at and what the camera set the shutter speed at for all the different shots she has taken so far. Dang, I wish I could remember that stuff! She wants to shoot mostly black and white.

She can't wait for my darkroom to be set up. I think she may be camping out developing pics when that happens!

It is really exciting to be able to help her even though I don't know much at all about all this! I'm learning (Thanks). I am really looking forward to having the photography kids from 4H over to learn about developing and printing. I'm sure that most of them are shooting digital but most families have at least one film camera laying around somewhere. Even if they just want to shoot one roll and develop it it will be a new experience. I think that it would be cool if some of them could take a print they made themselves to fair. I love what film has to offer creativly and am so happy to be able to share that.

Lori

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin