Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,161   Online: 820

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Frames X, 00 and 0

Why do modern cameras with auto wind skip these frames? I always loved the ability to squeeze 41 exposures onto my 36 exposure rolls of film with my K1000 loaded in a dark closet. Is this a conspiracy or what?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    probably because not everyone loads their film in darkness, and
    one usually burns 2 frames with the back open to make sure
    all the sprocket holes are aligned ..

when i want more than 36 exposures for a roll of 36, i just use a half frame camera
    and get between 72 and 80 exposures ..
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's really no direct way around this.

You could always use a manual-wind camera. Then you get full control over where you start shooting.

When I was a kid we loaded film in the darkroom and shot right after the leader. Frugal. But it was fun.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You can always attach a false leader to get more shots but the trick is to attach it with something strong enough but not "bulky".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmm, on my Leica MP, I routinely get pictures on 0 and X, sometimes on 00. But then, you could argue that it isn't a modern camera. Thank Oskar!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Those first frames were many times of people's feet as they blew off the frames to get the counter to "1". I always wanted to do a show of those frames- feet and different ground it was really fasinating (sp?). Or maybe we were just bored in the lab......

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin