Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,446   Online: 825

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purchase help!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    FWIW, I bought a 75mm El-Nikkor to replace a Besler. I made test prints on 11x14 paper from a 645 negative with both lenses stopped down to f8. I let the prints dry and went to inspect them, excited to see how much better my new lens was. To my surprise the Besler was not only sharper to the corners, but also had better tonal range. Go figure. After as few more tests at different apertures, I returned the Nikkor.
    Last edited by jmal; 01-29-2009 at 12:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    About five years ago, I sold a mint 50mm EL Nikkor on eBay, and was disappointed because it went for very cheap. About a year ago, I picked up an Oly XA with flash at a yard sale for $5. The flash didn't work, but the XA works just fine. I knew about the collectible status of the XA and was again rather disappointed to find that they sold on eBay often for very little. If you go to eBay, do a search on "olympus xa" and then click on "completed listings," you'll see what I'm talking about. What I'm getting at is chances are good you will be able to afford both the XA and the enlarging lens without overtaxing your budget.

Best,

Michael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin