Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,496   Posts: 1,571,424   Online: 1117

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AT-1 Help

Shooter
    35mm

AT-1 Help

Hi guys!

New here and looking forward to reading and posting on what seems to be the most interesting analog forum on the web.

Anyways, just got around to start using my Canon AT-1. A great camera i think, but i have no idea how to set the ISO/ASA film speed on it?

Any one have an idea? There is this dial witch control the shutterspeed, and on that there is, in a sort of dail in dail, some greeen ISO/ASA numbers. But how to change them to match the film ISO, I have no clue.

Thanks in advance.

Oiiver

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Oliver, You just grasp the outer edge of the ISO dial and lift it ( it's spring loaded ) and drop it into the desired ISO speed. Here is the instruction book http://www.canonfd.com/at1ind.htm
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Hi Oliver, You just grasp the outer edge of the ISO dial and lift it ( it's spring loaded ) and drop it into the desired ISO speed. Here is the instruction book http://www.canonfd.com/at1ind.htm
    Thank you! That did the trick!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Oliver, weclome to APUG. The AT-1 is a excellant camera.

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome, Oliver. Yes, the AT-! made some very nice pictures for me. I liked the match-needle exposure control. Using the standard 1.8 lens and fine-grain film (ISO/ASA 25) I made 11x14 enlargements which were very pleasing.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi!

Yes, it's a very nice camera indeed! Very happy to have it. Paid $7 for it, so nice deal for me! Have the standard f/1.8 50 mm fitted on it. Im looking in to buying a faster Iapetus lens (e.g. 1.4 or 1.2). Any thoughts on best buy for this camera?

Cheers.

//Oliver

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver|PHOTO View Post
    Hi!

Yes, it's a very nice camera indeed! Very happy to have it. Paid $7 for it, so nice deal for me! Have the standard f/1.8 50 mm fitted on it. Im looking in to buying a faster Iapetus lens (e.g. 1.4 or 1.2). Any thoughts on best buy for this camera?

Cheers.

//Oliver
    $7 for a Canon AT-1 !! you must have made them an offer they couldn't refuse Oliver. The 50mm Canon FD lens is a very good lens, and fast enough for most purposes I would use it for a while before considering getting a faster one.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 01-29-2009 at 02:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    you must have made them an offer they couldn't refuse Oliver

Oliver, I second the suggestion to get a 50mm/ F1.8 Canon FD lens, it is great and quite affordable these days. I got excellent results with this lens on my Canon AE-1P. Welcome to APUG!
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi guys, and thank you for the warm welcome!

Something wonderful happened to day. My mother in law and her husbond had some "stuff" in the house they thourght I might be interested in and asked me, if I wanted to see the stuff. I said yes and moments later, I was starring at:

Canon EOS 650
    Caonon 35-105 mm 3.5-4.5
    Canon Speedlight 420EZ
    Soligor 75-260 mm 4.5 complete with UV-filter
    Pentax MZ-5n

And they said: "You want it?"...

Any one know any thing about these items? Mostly interested in the Soligor lens. Any good? Imaculate condition!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, Oliver; I agree with the others. Stay with the 50 mm 1.8. It is a good lens. The 1.4--also a good lens-- is less than one full stop faster; the 1.2--if you could find one, probably not as sharp at wide open aperture.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin