Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,327   Posts: 1,536,984   Online: 1214

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    By the way, does anyone know how the shutter works?

You have a fully mechanical shutter that will do step less aperture priority, how did they do that?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe it has two shutters: a mechanical and an electronic. Somebody will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    35mm RF
    One shutter, two control systems. http://imaging.nikon.com/products/im...3a/index.htm#6 -Dick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Basic kit - 28/2.8, 105/2.5, and 180/2.8 - if you can afford it. If you can't swing the 180 (they are still the most highly prized Nikon teles other than the 300/2.8) the 200/4 is cheap and very good - the old Nikkor Q models AI converted often trade for under $100.

BTW All of these lenses can be found in AI converted Pre-AI versions. IMHO you lose nothing and sometimes gain in build quality with the older lenses. Plus, they tend to be very cheap

Shooter
    35mm
    Awesome! Enjoy! I have a black one myself and shoot with it regularly. I have an MD-12 mounted to the bottom of it and use it for fast stuff. This is truly one of the best Nikon ever produced. I like it so much more than the FM2ns I have owned over the years. It actually seems more robust IMO. The shutter speed dial is now all metal instead of plastic. Maybe this is why I feel that. For daylight I LOVE the match needle. Its very accurate and although not great in low light, I can use aperture priority or the LED of my F2AS for low light stuff.
    All in all the FM3a is a winner! Its such a shame Nikon discontinued this fine camera. Truly the end of an era being the last mechanical shutter film camera Nikon ever made.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love my Ms but hate long lenses on them. I am seriously tempted by a Fm3a or Fm2n for use with an 85mm. They look like wonderfully solid cameras. nice and agricultural just just as I like them!

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stanworth View Post
    I love my Ms but hate long lenses on them. I am seriously tempted by a Fm3a or Fm2n for use with an 85mm. They look like wonderfully solid cameras. nice and agricultural just just as I like them!
    Came over from Rangefinders because of the FM3a. Just had all that great Nikkor glass.
    Akiva S.

Nikkormat FTN, Nikon F, Nikon FE, Leica M3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero/

My Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    All the lens suggestions here are great choices, but I must put in a vote for the 24/2.8 Nikkor.

Shooter
    Holga
    I received a FM3a new for a birthday present back in '04 (best present ever!) without much prior experience in photography. It is fantastic, I can not imagine a better 35mm camera! If I want automation, I might as well just shoot digital.
    I've been mostly shooting an early 70's 50/f1.8 my mother purchased new for college and used little since then and I have more recently gotten a new 24/f2.8 and an early 60's 105/f2.5, both great lenses!

Shooter
    35mm
    50 f1.4 is just great.
    Try the 35 f2; Great lens, sharp, little distortion, does everything except coffee (I'm not even sure about that!).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin