Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,199   Posts: 1,531,479   Online: 864

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

srt 102/303/super Vs 101 design/repair

Howdy,

I won a pretty "used" but still functioning srt 102/303/super (pick which ever name for your region!). The main drama with the camera was that the screw holding on the lens retaining latch had come lose, causing the lens not to lock in place.

Now, I have downloaded the srt 101 service manual and have started to attempt the repair myself. Thus far, everything is fine with the dismantle side of things. The viewfinder has been lifted off, access has been made to the offending screw and the screw has been re-tightened.

I have one drama, though. In the manual I can clearly see 2 strings (AV and TV strings), but I have a third.

Now, is there a difference between the 102/303/super and the 101? Or am I missing something? Is there anywhere that I can find pictures of the top end of a 102/303/super?

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's a string for the shutter speed indicator in the viewfinder. Try not to mess with it, if the indicator move it's a PITA to get re aligned.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks,

I studied the service manual during my lunch break yestereday and found the "Missing Link".

Now, Yes, I can see that it is a PITA.....but it had to go anyway. I had to remove the viewfinder (or at least move it to the side) as the screw was right behind it.... I am still deciding whether its worth my while to replace the foam in the view finder now (its all there, just a bit firm), or put the camera back together now and give it a try.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hoffy,
    The biggest problem is if the indicator slips on the string. Because it's magnified, any error will be pretty dramatic. It's funny how large .5mm is in that finder.
    The foam around the prism is just a light seal. If you try to get it out & it begins to crumble it seems to know exactly where the focusing screen is & doesn't want to let go. IE:if it's not disintegrating I'd leave it.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks John.

I think its now a quick clean (probably just a blow and brush out of any dust, plus I have some fingerprints on the Prism surfaces) and re-assemble.

I'm looking forward to getting it running to see how well it works. I will probably shoot in tandem with a known quantity (my 7000i) to see how accurate the meter is

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin