Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,926   Online: 1180

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Overexposure on a Nikon FM2n

i burned 5 test rolls from my Nikon FM2n.. i shoot in a slightly underexposed settings, meaning, my light meter reads at 0- for me to get as much detail in post processing, but after developing, ive noticed that all my shots from my five test rolls, were all overexposed.. all unusable..

i was wondering how did this happened, was my light meter broken? or my shutterspeed is off by one stop? anyone had this problem with other cameras too?
    Flickr
    Multiply
    My PhotoBlog
    My Twitter!

WTB: Konica Autoreflex T3 and AR lenses

Shooter
    35mm
    Did you process the film yourself or was it done commercially? Black and white or color film? I have an FM2n and have never had this problem.
    Was the film overexposed or underdeveloped?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    What kind of battery do you use ? Going from mercury (1.35V) to akaline (1.5V) could explain it.

Shooter
    35mm
    i had it processed at a local lab.. i used a color C-41 film... i shoot in a slightly underexposed manner.. my light meter reads at 0-.. but the film shots, after it got developed, all was overexposed.. i dont know what happened, it maybe my cam, or the processing..
    Flickr
    Multiply
    My PhotoBlog
    My Twitter!

Shooter
    35mm
    I use two LR44's alkaline batteries... the specifications said it could use two 1.5V LR44 alkaline batteries...
    Flickr
    Multiply
    My PhotoBlog
    My Twitter!

Shooter
    35mm
    im shooting with a color C-41 film.. i use two 1.5V LR44 alkaline batteries... the specs said it could use that as well, or a 3 volt lithium battery as well... could that be it? my other friends use LR44's and didnt have any problems...
    Flickr
    Multiply
    My PhotoBlog
    My Twitter!

Shooter
    35mm
    It's difficult to overexposed color negative film. You can overepose by 2 stops and still OK. I am wondering if what you think as overexposed is really underexposed. Nikon meter tends to underexpose. Battery voltage should not be a problem. The camera would work exactly the same with voltage of 3.4V or so down to 2.4V.

Shooter
    35mm
    an overexposed subject is bright right? and an underexposed shot quite dim.. or am i wrong? all my pictures were quite brighter than usual and colors were not as vibrant as they need to be.. please ellaborate more from this overexposure - underexposure issue...
    Flickr
    Multiply
    My PhotoBlog
    My Twitter!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by denmark.yuzon View Post
    i shoot in a slightly underexposed settings, meaning, my light meter reads at 0- for me to get as much detail in post processing
    ???

anyway, why don't you compare the meter reading with another camera, e.g. the one you shot your FM2 with for flicker? do they show the same values for the same average outdoor scene? (you are setting film speed correctly, right?)

you would get more precise responses if you posted some of the overexposed pictures here

cheers

Shooter
    35mm
    I tend to agree with Vilk. Did you set the film speed correctly. What lens are you using? Have you used the same lab before? Batteries should not be an issue. It is possible the lens is not stopping down during exposure. Without film in the camera open the back and trip the shutter with the f/stop set at the smallest setting and look through the shutter and check to see if the lens is stopping down.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin