Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,646   Online: 954

Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151620 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Voigtlander Bessaflex with the 50mm skopar, $18, close to mint. Been using it almost everyday since.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmSprocket View Post
    Steve, I'll pay you 10x the price for your XA4 (if it works). ;-)
    Thanks. That's quite a nice profit margin.... I think I will keep it though!

It seems to work. The shutter speed varies with the light as far as I can tell by listening and the battery check works.

And it came with the flash too!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not 35mm but Rolleiflex MV-EVS from 1956 for $40.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The last few weekends have been target rich opportunities. $5 K1000, and another $15 K1000 with bag, 135mm, and flash. $25 Canon AE1-P with 28mm and 50MM Fd lenses, and a Canon AE1 with Vivitar series 1 28-90, bag and another FD 50mm for $15. Minolta XG with a bag for $10 and a SRT102 with a Hoya zzom and 28mm prime for $10. Some of the pieces I've bought have been mainly for lenses and such, I'm thinking I need to figure out which cameras I want to keep and fleabay the rest.

The Minoltas came from garage sales within walking distance. It's getting to the point where I leave anything more than $25 on the table.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While it is not 35mm, my best find is an SX-70 with a case and about 30 flashcubes for my other Polaroids all for $25!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    Back in 2005, a guy at a flea market in central Brussels was selling cameras he had bought (probably for peanuts) from an old lady who's husband had passed away. She didn't know the value of this collection. Turned out the seller didn't either...
    Among lots of Praktika, Chinon and the like ... a Nikon FM in beautiful condition. So, Beauty among the Beasts, a flower surrounded by rubbish.
    Got it for 45 euro. He he, didn't need it but the bargain was just too hot to be missed.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I see quite a bit of stuff out at my local flea market, from junk to real good stuff.

I have two very good photography oriented flea market finds.

1) 1st edition of Eliot Porter's "In Wildness..." in good condition for $1. Its not everyone's cup of tea, but its certainly worth more than a dollar.

2) 4X5 Calumet rail camera with a 65/8 Schneider Super Angulon and 150/5.6 Schneider Symmar-S and 12 film holders, a case and a tripod for $100. I never planned on shooting 4X5, but now its my primary format.

The one I let get away was a Minolta setup with a Rokkor-X 35/1.8 and 85/1.7 and a body in good condition. The guy wanted something like $40 for it. I've also seen lots of FD mount Canon cameras and a few Nikons and quite a few Pentax m42 mount bits.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pentax Super Program with a 50mm Pentax-A for 5 bucks. (WORKING!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrladewig View Post
    The one I let get away was a Minolta setup with a Rokkor-X 35/1.8 and 85/1.7 and a body in good condition. The guy wanted something like $40 for it.
    I can't believe that you let those lenses get away. You could have sold them on eBay for $200 each, in nice condition. I ought to know—I've been waiting for a bargain to happen on those two lenses, and they always go for more than I can afford.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At the county land fill somebody had thrown out many boxes of older 35mm cameras and lenes. I started grabing as much as I could before the dosezer plowed them under ,ended up with a Regula RM,Kodak Signet 40,two small selinim cell lite meter(both work),a 58mm 1.4 mc Rokkor PF Minolta lens (aperture blades are sluggish) misc. camera straps and stuff. Alot more stuff there but they chased me off as your not suppose to salvage any thing. Keep thinking that there was more treasure there but could not get to it.

mike c.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin