Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,036   Online: 947

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Over the years, the best has been a Leica M2 with a 35mm f2 Summicron for $15. Also a near mint Nikkormat FTn with 35mm f2 for $5, a Yashicamat 124 for $5, a Spotmatic with lens for $25, a Pentax Spotmeter V for $2 and a Nikon SB-600 with some other things for $15. I have found studio flash equipment at garage sales and flea markets also.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    At a church's annual sale in September (2008), I bought an Olympus XA for $3. A few years ago, I bought a Praktica FX3 with a nice Meyer Primoplan for $9.95.

Shooter
    35mm
    Long time back I picked up Nikon F number 64004xx at a flea market.

Shooter
    35mm RF

My best find yet

Minolta 570
    Minolta MD 70-210mm, f/4 zoom
    Minolta MD-1 Motor Drive
    Minolta 280PX flash
    generic bag and a handfull of filters and odd accessories

$65.00

This past winter I found a Minolta Rokkor-X 28mm, f/2 for $50

For savings, percentage-wise I'm not sure which is a better deal. Between the two, my Minolta buying days are pretty much over. There's nothing left (for me) to get.

Now I need a new excuse to lurk in thrift stores.
    Jeff M

M3, M5, CLE, Minolta XE7, Minolta Maxxum 9, Minolta Maxxum 9000, Nikon F3HP, etc., etc.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Jeff View Post
    Minolta 570
    Minolta MD 70-210mm, f/4 zoom
    Minolta MD-1 Motor Drive
    Minolta 280PX flash
    generic bag and a handfull of filters and odd accessories

$65.00

This past winter I found a Minolta Rokkor-X 28mm, f/2 for $50

For savings, percentage-wise I'm not sure which is a better deal. Between the two, my Minolta buying days are pretty much over. There's nothing left (for me) to get.

Now I need a new excuse to lurk in thrift stores.

Between us Jeff, I think we may have had all the normals, simple WA, and short telephoto lenses in both Nikon and Minolta. But this last steal of yours was grand. I am envious as I have been shopping for the old beercan...let me know what you think of it.

Luke
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This morning at a car boot sale, a Kodak Autographic 2A for £8. It's in good cosmetic condition but the shutter is a bit sticky.

It doesn't have the stylus but there is a 116 take up spool so with some spacers, I should be able to use 120 with it.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought a Nikon F with the plain prism and 1.4 lens for £40 ( about $65 US) from a market stall, this is cheaper than you think because it was more than twenty years ago, when an F was worth money.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A month or so ago I bought a Ricoh 35 ZF (to replace my ailing 35 ZF), an Argus, and three light meters (two of which are questionable), all for $5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I bought a Nikon F with the plain prism and 1.4 lens for £40 ( about $65 US) from a market stall, this is cheaper than you think because it was more than twenty years ago, when an F was worth money.
    If the gear is in good shape; I think you got a great deal. I bought mine in 1959 ( I have 3). It's 50 years.
    http://www.cameraquest.com/fhistory.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumalite View Post
    If the gear is in good shape; I think you got a great deal. I bought mine in 1959 ( I have 3). It's 50 years.
    http://www.cameraquest.com/fhistory.htm
    I know the F is a great camera but It was pretty well worn but still worked OK, I'm a Canon FD user,and had no Nikon gear, so I sold it for a good profit and put the money towards another Canon F1 body that I still use more than twenty years on.
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin