Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,777   Online: 916

Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5910111213141516171819202125 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 Olives View Post
    Not a garage sale - just a good deal.
    I was trying to buy a Leica IIIc Body several months ago and had all but given up. I placed a bid on a camera Youxin Yin was selling and never figured I'd win. This was last of several Leicas he was selling and it flew under the radar and I bought it for $107.50. Camera has some light usage marks. The Shark skin type Vulcanite is original and in good shape. Camera was CLA’d by Youxin Yin and the viewfinder and rangefinder are clean and clear. It has a new beam splitter and the rangefinder double image has very good contrast. Shutter curtains are new. The camera works smoothly and included a take up spool. It looks better than the pictures:

Congrats! That is one beautiful IIIc!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i've gotten oodles of stuff from second hand places or garage sales.

my first ever camera, a canon ae-1, i got for 10 dollars. Someone else was checking it out at the time and I was waiting to pounce on it as soon as he left. When he did, I grabbed it and went to pay. I'm so glad I did because that camera was a true workhorse. I shot so many what i call powerful images with that camera. Just check it out on my flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/raphaelaaron

other stuff i obtained at local sales and lots was a Yashica-A, Argus C-3, Some funny looking old film cameras, and lastly my minolta hi-matic rangefinder. It was broken supposedly, and I got it for a very cheap price. Soon after fiddling around with it, I got it to work and now it shoots.

Quite happy with my recent finds.

Shooter
    35mm
    I should have written Youxin Ye. He is a great guy and an excellent craftsman.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    This is the first I'm hearing of this gentleman -- who is he, and what does he do? Trader/seller, repairman, ??

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Trask View Post
    This is the first I'm hearing of this gentleman -- who is he, and what does he do? Trader/seller, repairman, ??
    Youxin does repairs and CLAs. His work is excellent and his rates are very low. He is highly recommended by the members of:

http://rangefinderforum.com/

You can do a search there for more opinions.
    He is also very good about answering email.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    He is a super Leica repairman. (I am not a big Leica guy, but the repairs I did sent to him were perfect, quick and reasonable.)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    That's a great resource -- thanks. I have several Leicas and am always glad to know of someone who can work on them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Last week at a car boot sale in Wormerveer (The Netherlands) :
    2x Nikkormat FT2 (one black ,one silver) in pristine condition , Nikkor Q.C 200/4 , Micro-Nikkor 55/3.5 , Nikkor 50/1.4 , Nikkor 24/2.8 , Nikkor 135/2.8. All for 120 euro's. Thought I did quite well!

Ron Swiader
    The Netherlands

Shooter
    35mm
    I found an Olympus XA with A16 flash, the manual, and original owners certificate for $5

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Today, a Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic for $10 and a Vivitar V3000 for $5. I'm guessing the Vivitar is a K mount-the other Vivitar camera I found a while back is a M42.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin