Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,966   Online: 755

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    T42

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I found a Nikon L35 compact at a local Rotary Club sale. I don't see myself using it but it was only £1.
    Steve.
    Hello Steve and Forum.

I also found a Nikon L35AF at a garage sale. One US dollar. The pop-up flash was stuck in the "up" position, and consequently killed batteries. I opened it, repaired the broken hold down latch with a dot of super glue, filed it to proper shape, put a bit of lithium grease on the latch and closed it up. It has worked flawlessly ever since. Not a bad P&S once one gets used to its way of "thinking automatically." Even has a button for 2 stops of correction for strong backlighting.

Happy day.

Henry
    F, F2, M3, Kiev 4a

Shooter
    35mm
    I picked up a mint Nikkormat FT2 for the equivalent of $20 at a pawn shop. Still hoping to walk in and find an M3 Leica for a similar price but no such luck yet.
    -- Hilton --
    www.thelightstuff.blogspot.com
    Tips and tutorials and mainly photographic musings!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found that the lens on my Nikon L35AF was a very good performer. Excellent travel camera, if one can grit his teeth and accept the teensy negative.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    35mm
    I can't say that I've ever gotten a deal on a 35mm camera at a yard sale, but it's not for lack of trying. I was inspired to check out yard sales and flea markets by a story that I heard from a lab tech at college, claiming to have purchased his Olympus OM-3 for $8 at a yard sale (this would have been 1993 or so). The seller thought it was broken, but it simply didn't have a lens mounted, there was nothing actually wrong with it.

I was once offered a "Time Magazine 35mm camera" for $10 at a yard sale, but I declined.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found a really nice Exakta VX at a garage sale for $15. It is a 1952 model and still works great. I don't use it much but it is a great addition to my Exakta collection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I saw a cardboard box at a yard sale. It had a bunch of really ancient camera stuff in it and smelled of 50 yr old leather. I bought it for $10. later on it revealed a Leica IIIa circa 1937 and 5 CM lens all in mint condition.
    Akiva S.

Nikkormat FTN, Nikon F, Nikon FE, Leica M3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero/

My Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kivis View Post
    I saw a cardboard box at a yard sale. It had a bunch of really ancient camera stuff in it and smelled of 50 yr old leather. I bought it for $10. later on it revealed a Leica IIIa circa 1937 and 5 CM lens all in mint condition.
    I would say that a find like that would definitely be the find of the century for me! :o I hope to stumble upon something like that someday, but for now I am even happy to find these "old" 35mm SLR's from the 1980's and 90's!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Never hit it big in cameras at a garage sale, but I did find a Raytheon transistor radio for a buck once. I bought it because it looked cool. Lucky for me transistor radios were the collectors rage at that time and I ended up trading it for a 35mm Realist stereo camera and viewer.

I still use the Realist from time to time.

Eric
    Dad, is the lens cap suppose to be on?.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    I can't say that I've ever gotten a deal on a 35mm camera at a yard sale, but it's not for lack of trying. I was inspired to check out yard sales and flea markets by a story that I heard from a lab tech at college, claiming to have purchased his Olympus OM-3 for $8 at a yard sale (this would have been 1993 or so). The seller thought it was broken, but it simply didn't have a lens mounted, there was nothing actually wrong with it.

I was once offered a "Time Magazine 35mm camera" for $10 at a yard sale, but I declined.
    That's sort of how I got my Mamiya 645 body and 80mm lens. I paid $20 for it "broken" and got lucky: it just needed a new battery.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    During lunch at a thrift store near my office I found a Canon ML point and shoot with a 40mm 1.9 lens for $3.00 with a gizzer discount of 20% cost $2.40. Looks the lens is 6 elements, but just a guess.

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin