Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,888   Online: 1011

Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 121617181920212223242526272832 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Something I recently stumbled across that may interest those of us who read threads like this one. Goodwill now has an auction site of their own, and it seems to list cameras in Goodwill stores all over the US. I was wondering why I almost never see cameras in Goodwill anymore. Looks like there are some deals to be had...

I recently paid $20 in an antique shop for an almost-mint Mamiya-Sekor 50mm f/3.5 E Macro lens, with matching 1:1 extension. It was in a box full of slide projector lenses (which, thankfully, I did not have to buy as well). Needed a cleaning - and now I need a camera to use it on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [QUOTE]Goodwill now has an auction site /QUOTE]
    I have been dealing with them for several years now. I have obtained a few fine lenses. The description of the condition of some of the lenses varies from store to store but it is an honest appraisal. Sometimes they only ship with UPS which can get quite expensive since I live in a different country.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OH now GREAT they no longer ship internationally !!! Seattle GW anyway. As if Canada is soooo far away.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dances_w_clouds View Post
    OH now GREAT they no longer ship internationally !!! Seattle GW anyway. As if Canada is soooo far away.
    They're just jealous. Maybe you could rent a PO box across the border?
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found an Minolta SRT, 50mm 1.4 and a 135mm lens with a pouch for $14 at a local thrift store. Keep in mind this was before the recession. Since then, finds in other house hold items are much tougher to be had.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My whole darkroom setup. Wasn't exactly a sale because he just gave it to me but close. It was in a garage
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    My first 'the one that got away'? An unlabeled camera grab bag on Goodwills online site yesterday. Looking at the fuzzy pictures, there were a pair of Canonets (17 and 28) in it along with a bunch of less interesting cameras. It went for $20.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Legge View Post
    My first 'the one that got away'? An unlabeled camera grab bag on Goodwills online site yesterday. Looking at the fuzzy pictures, there were a pair of Canonets (17 and 28) in it along with a bunch of less interesting cameras. It went for $20.
    Yeah I saw that one too, it was temping, but I was worried that it was just away for Goodwill to dump non functioning cameras.

Roger

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Posted wirelessly..

Might as well have been. Got an as-is sr-T101 for $5+ s/h from sleezebay. Hot shoe bustitated. Shutter would not advance. Timer would not cycle through. Took a paper clip and worked it into the shutter cable port, ratcheted the film crank a couple of times. Good as new. Excepting the hot shoe and the timer of course. Could care less.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A friend tipped me off to a black Minolta Hi-Matic 7s at a newly opened consignment store (year-round multi-family garage sale w/business hours) in the area. So I picked it up and, for $25, it was pretty nice. However, I opened my big mouth by calling my friend to thank him and to give him a more complete rundown of the camera since he just gave it a quick look when he saw it. I also asked if he was sure he wanted to pass on it. Well, now he wants it. But that's okay. I'll drop it off tomorrow. In the meantime, I took a few of pics of it (one is attached here).

-Marc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Minolta7sBlk-PICT2889.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin