Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,895   Online: 843

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 131718192021222324252627282933 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmSprocket View Post
    A friend tipped me off to a black Minolta Hi-Matic 7s at a newly opened consignment store (year-round multi-family garage sale w/business hours) in the area. So I picked it up and, for $25, it was pretty nice. However, I opened my big mouth by calling my friend to thank him and to give him a more complete rundown of the camera since he just gave it a quick look when he saw it. I also asked if he was sure he wanted to pass on it. Well, now he wants it. But that's okay. I'll drop it off tomorrow. In the meantime, I took a few of pics of it (one is attached here).

-Marc
    That's a beauty!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmSprocket View Post
    A friend tipped me off to a black Minolta Hi-Matic 7s at a newly opened consignment store (year-round multi-family garage sale w/business hours) in the area. So I picked it up and, for $25, it was pretty nice. However, I opened my big mouth by calling my friend to thank him and to give him a more complete rundown of the camera since he just gave it a quick look when he saw it. I also asked if he was sure he wanted to pass on it. Well, now he wants it. But that's okay. I'll drop it off tomorrow. In the meantime, I took a few of pics of it (one is attached here).

-Marc
    This would be a great time to test your friendship. Keep the camera. All kidding aside, I would ask your friend for first right of refusal if he decides to get rid of the camera. I just got a Minolta AL-F which is similar model and it's a great camera. I really like these Japanese rangefinders.

Roger

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BobD View Post
    That's a beauty!
    It sure is, Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by rtbadman View Post
    This would be a great time to test your friendship. Keep the camera. All kidding aside, I would ask your friend for first right of refusal if he decides to get rid of the camera. I just got a Minolta AL-F which is similar model and it's a great camera. I really like these Japanese rangefinders.

Roger

Roger
    Testing the friendship would be kind of interesting because as I'm testing him by keeping the camera, I would be the one failing the test. Now if this was a black Nikon SP, I would flunk big time.
    On the other hand, I'm actually selling off most of my 35mm stuff so I won't miss the 7s, nice as it is. And yes, your AL-F is a great shooter, too, Roger.

-Marc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A friend of me visited me the other day, he started searching thru my shelf of old cameras. He picked out a camera i remember i bought in a second hand store for about $40. I had never heard of that camera before, it was a Neoca 35 Super with 45mm 2.8 Zunow lens. The shutter was stuck so i gave it a CLA, i've just tested it, it take's razor sharp pictures. And a search on ebay showed it goes for $1000++ I have also bought a Leica 135mm uncoated lens for $10. Cannon Pellix with 58mm 1.2 for $50.

Kent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On Saturday I got a near mint Zenit 11 and very clean ever-ready case for £5, with not a mark on the glass. Also, my new favourite, the Olympus Trip 35 for £2 and a Kodak Brownie for £1. In the past I've bought a very good Canon AE-1 Program and FD 50 1.8 for £20, and a mint FD 135mm which I love for another £20.

I found the apertures were very sticky on the Olympus Trip as seems quite common, so I followed a great guide I found through google and got them unstuck. Now it works lovely

Tom

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I picked up an Olympus 35DC yesterday for $10.

Great condition with the exception of the rangefinder patch which didn't move. Opened it up and cleaned it - looks like it is working well now. First camera repair success. Just need to do the light seals and it should be ready for use.

Edit: Oh, last page I mentioned missing out on an auction... turns out I got it after all. Maybe the winner bailed? Anyway, I picked up a nearly new condition Canonet 17 and 28 for $9. It also included a working Pony 135 and a bunch of Instamatics. I think I'll take the Pony out at least once.
    Last edited by Brian Legge; 03-08-2010 at 02:17 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added an update on a previous post

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got a slightly beat up (externally) Canon FD 200mm F/2.8 lens that has almost flawless glass (somehow), for $100. That's a fraction of what I'd pay for an EF model. Still works wonderfully!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A dear friend of mine who retired and was moving down to South Carolina for warmer weather than Dayton Ohio came by my home the day before he left and handed me a dingy old leather camera bag "Here maybe you will enjoy these they belonged to my father years ago. Hope you can use them"

Being more concerned with not seeing my friend again for months to come I set it by me in the chair, thanks him profusely and begain to talk about all the years of friendships we have shared and how we will stay in touch, come see each others and such.

30 mintues after he left I opend the bag not knowing what to expect and found a Leica M2, a 35mm, 50mm and a 90mm lens. All needing CLA from lack of use but I was amazed. His dad, was an old school German tool and Die worker knew the value and build of these cameras when he purchased them new.

I sent the lenses one at a time to Sherry Kroouter (SP) and had the body CLAed too, they all are beautiful. I send John pictures that his dad's camera takes from time to time in thanks.

Lee

Shooter
    35mm

lenses

Bought a lot of 3 lenses for $15 off evilbay to get the Minolta 50mm f1.7, when I checked out the other two I found a Ricoh Rikenon 50mm f1.7p and a Vivitar 50mm f1.7 in Pentax K mt. I'd been looking for a Rikenon but kept loseing the bids around the $50 range.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't know if this counts, but I found a Minolta SRT, 50mm f/1.4 and 135mm lens for only $14. I saw it in the bargain bin and grabbed it. These days, thrift stores aren't they used to be :-( Everyone us looking for bargains in this down economy. I have too look a little harder for those bargains.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin