Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,211   Online: 894

Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 212526272829303132333435363741 ... LastLast
    Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc View Post
    Wow thats quite a find! Easily over $1000 worth of equipment. Talk about pirate booty!
    Yeah, but I'm not positive if I can get that much. Most of them have shutters that are off on the slower speeds. I don't know how much that's going to knock the price down, but I hope to get as close to $1000 as possible. That would easily let me buy all the developing stuff I plan on getting (I miss developing my own film!), a scanner, some Konica gear I want, and hopefully a better 120 camera (TLR, RF, or SLR).

If someone wants to offer me $1000 right now, they're yours!

And who doesn't like finding booty? Pirate or otherwise!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You have the lenses, now buy a 4X5 camera !
    $1000.00 will not be proper compensation,
    compared to the pleasure that you will
    get from Large Format Photography !

I'm Just Saying ...

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron LarFor4X5 View Post
    You have the lenses, now buy a 4X5 camera !
    $1000.00 will not be proper compensation,
    compared to the pleasure that you will
    get from Large Format Photography !

I'm Just Saying ...

Ron
    No can do. I have to pick up a medium format camera anyways. I'm trying to get a Koni-Omega Rapid. That might end up costing me $200 or so plus a possible CLA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No cameras recenty, but I found an older Gitzo Studex with head for $2. A little balky but everything works.
    Charles

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I just bought a mint Fujica AZ 1 at a garage sale for ten dollars.

Shooter
    35mm
    I just got a Pen FT, with leather case at a flea market for $25. It works perfectly.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I thought I had everything. Then at a rummage sale a few weeks ago I picked up two Panasonic 30x lighted microscopes, a can of Dektol and a Laboratory Supplies Company Hicksville NY gadget with a little orange magnetic pill. That little water-powered magnetic mixer is my find of the decade. A long time ago I had a similar electric mixer that I threw out - I don't remember why but I never used it. Maybe I was a little worried about electric mixer with all that water around. But this one just feels right. Except for a little waste of water, it is the thing I never knew I needed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been looking in the junk bins of used camera stores in Tokyo the past month. I found a Canonet QL19 for 500 yen. Put in a new battery and it was off to the races. Works fine, but it didn't feel right in my hands. Last week I found an Olympus 35UC for 1,000 yen (about $12). The film plate was installed backwards (springs out) which was very easy to correct. Once again, new battery and it works fine, and it feels very good in my hands. I found out that the 35UC is the supposedly very rare last version of the Olympus 35SPn. So anyone want a Canonet QL19?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not the best score from a flea market, but I just got a cheap HIT-type camera, A Kodak Duoflex III (to be used for TTV), and a Konica Big Mini 510-Z. $4 each.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just picked up a Pentax SMC 35mm f3.5 in m42 mount for $2.
    The case it was in had crapped all over the lens. But after a good cleaning it looks like new.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin