Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,249   Online: 988

Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 252930313233343536373839404145 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by altim View Post
    When you guys mention thrift stores, are you talking about places like Goodwill and the Salvation Army? There is never anything in either of these locally, I assumed they just sold off the good stuff themselves
    I haven't had any luck with Goodwill, or the SA shops.
    And their items are never priced quite right. I always
    find great things at the Church, or Synagogue basement thrift shops.

Too bad Scientology people, or Rastafarians don't have a thrift shop !

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've seen a few decent things at Goodwill - e.g. darkroom trays in the kitchen plastic ware section .

Nothing at Salvation Army stores though
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    It wasn't from a garage sale, but I managed to find a Nikon to Konica AR adapter at a camera shop for $25.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have hit a fet salvation armys and good wills in NYC,there is nothing at all ever related to cameras, and if there was it would be a ridiculously priced compact snap shooter at the $20 range. I think the demand in ny is to much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know that Goodwills are increasingly leveraging the Internet to fetch higher prices for their more desirable items by putting them up on ShopGoodwill and eBay. Maybe other charity/thrift outlets are doing the same.
    The best finds I've found have been in antique stores, and even those have been modest.
    website | Flickr
    "Embrace the negative with absolution, your final positive reward." --IQ, "The Province," Frequency

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottrdaemmerung View Post
    I know that Goodwills are increasingly leveraging the Internet to fetch higher prices for their more desirable items by putting them up on ShopGoodwill and eBay. Maybe other charity/thrift outlets are doing the same.
    The best finds I've found have been in antique stores, and even those have been modest.
    I know this is just happening now. I used to see cameras somewhat often at my local Goodwill. Now they only have point and shoots.

Shooter
    35mm
    So far I've had most of my luck at plain old garage sales and craigslist. These days craigslist prices are approaching ebay prices, but who pays asking price My local SA just remodeled their store and they now have a camera section inside of a display case. Last I checked it was full of junk, but you never know!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thrift Shopping This Morning :

1. Pentax IQ Zoom EZY, , with Lithium Battery !

2. Nikon Fun Touch 2

3. Olympus ∞Zoom 211

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I make it a point to raid the antique mall in Mt. Dora if I'm in the area. there is a vendor who buys and sells film gear. I got my last find, a pre-AI 55mm f3.5 Micro Nikkor for 40 bucks from him. He always has reasonable prices on film gear and lenses.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / A2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by j-dogg View Post
    I make it a point to raid the antique mall in Mt. Dora if I'm in the area. there is a vendor who buys and sells film gear. I got my last find, a pre-AI 55mm f3.5 Micro Nikkor for 40 bucks from him. He always has reasonable prices on film gear and lenses.
    Next time you're there, I need a Minolta XK-Motor,
    and a cable release extension, at a reasonable price !

Ron

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin